post your chicken coop pictures here!

Its nice to see pictures with a chair in the run, my neighbors think I'm mad but I love to sit and watch them
clap.gif
I have to pick the time of day (heat), but my hubby thinks I'm a little strange for taking my chair, my drink and a book,,,,,(don't do my reading)...and sit out to watch/talk to my ladies!
lau.gif

clap.gif
I have to pick the time of day (heat), but my hubby thinks I'm a little strange for taking my chair, my drink and a book,,,,,(don't do my reading)...and sit out to watch/talk to my ladies!
lau.gif

You are not strange, no matter what your hubby says, you are a "Chickeneer"!!!! I do the very same thing, except without the book. If I did that, my wife would think I'm "strange."
lau.gif
She knows I am "visiting" with my girls, and NO reading is getting done!!

Really nice job on that tractor w/attached run
clap.gif
Nice to see you even have the chicken guard dogs pacing a patrol around it all
gig.gif
I would like to make one comment though... those roost 2 x 4s should be turned 90 degrees either way so the 3.5" side is facing up/down. That would be much more comfortable for your birds as their feet aren't really designed to grip to roost. Is that a human predator I see ducking behind the coop from the right side?
lau.gif
Oh, almost forgot!
welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to the thread!

As an afterthought, and in an attempt to beat Sylvester to the punch
hide.gif
Maybe you could extend that roof on back there so when you go out to collect eggs in the rain, you won't get a wet head
gig.gif
Of course, it seems to me that if you're going out in the rain to collect eggs, you're gonna get a little wet regardless... Especially if that tractor is parked somewhere on the back 40.

Last edited:
Quote: Absolutely agree! You need to turn your 2 x 4's so they lay "flat"...much more comfortable for the birds, and during winter months they have the ability to sit down on their feet for warmth.

Absolutely agree! You need to turn your 2 x 4's so they lay "flat"...much more comfortable for the birds, and during winter months they have the ability to sit down on their feet for warmth.

Can I just clarify as I was thinking about perches
They should be flat? Not tilted downwards?
My first coop perches had nicely rounded edges
My new ones are just square

Back
Top Bottom