post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    At your gate put paver stones in a 3x3 area under the gate. Or you could bury cinder blocks deeper under the gate and use them to walk on and out of the pen. That way the digging critters will get slowed down trying to dig through stones or blocks buried at the gate entrance.

2. QueenBubbles

QueenBubbles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2014
    Davis, CA
    Wow, mine are just getting shade cloth in the run roof - I'll show my dad your roof and see if we can't add something. Here we are as of tonight:
    [​IMG]
    nice work on yours!
    P

3. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    There is nothing I can say but "wonderful." I am not a fan of chainlink but it certainly is tons better than cheap poultry wire!!!

I can't tell from enlarging the photo if there is open gaps between the chainlink top and roof line and that might be a way for a critter to climb inside but then I don't know what kind of critters you have in your area. You certainly have the base of the pen well reinforced with some really nice-looking boulder stones.

4. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Is this the same coop as Post #3436? Which is the before and after photos?

5. clucknbell

clucknbell Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2014
    Ohio
    Our upgrade- a work in progress, but the chicks went into the coop tonight. Completely custom built by the Amish to my specifications after a couple years of hunting for a coop that met everything I wanted and finding zilch. Took the ideas I liked and put them into one coop. Debating on using sand in place of pine shavings, but used Sweet PDZ under the roost to make life easier.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I love this coop. Big and clean! Nothing like Amish built!! Well except for my dad, he is pretty good!!

7. waynem1983

waynem1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2014
    Gloucestershire, England

yes from UK, very old village called Painswick, in the cotswolds.

8. Chuckee

Chuckee New Egg

Jun 9, 2014
    Massachusetts
    The first pic is the coop now. I put a roof over the run with chicken wire over all the gaps and also 3 feet up around chainlink(buried 12 inches ) the pop door stays open 24 hours now. The blue door in the 2nd pic was an interior door I cut to fit but started to fall apart pretty quickly.

1 person likes this.
  9. heartsizedfarm

heartsizedfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

My aunt and uncle used to live in Chipping Camden and I spent summers with them hiking old Roman roads that was a hobby of his. Love stone walls and homes that keep their history!

10. Southerlys

Southerlys Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Kirkwood Mo
    We have way to much as well in what we call the Taj Mahal but we think there worth it. We only intended on spending $300-$400 but not even close. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by