post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    [​IMG]

2. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area
    [​IMG] Glad to have you Chuck. A nice neat coop that you will outgrow fast because of chicken math. [​IMG]

3. Pecanny

Pecanny Out Of The Brooder

Now that is chicken lovin' at it's best...[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Chickens love the seclusion of rounded nestbox holes. Ours are completely round holes and keeps most straw from being scratched out of the nestboxes.

Beautiful coop.

5. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    For a pre-fab this is one of the nicer models but as with all pre-fab they usually need to be in an enclosed pen, require a sealer coat, fortified with a paver stone walkway around it's base, and probably covered with tarp to protect from sun rays or rain moisture. We have our little 4x6 under a canopy and tarp the coop to protect from climate damage, plus have a paver walkway/patio around the base (keeps out digging predators). Yours is really one of the nicer pre-fabs but will need just a bit more security work. Someone who assembled this from Amazon said they had to use extra bracing to feel comfortable that the walls would hold more securely.

I love seeing free-ranging chickens - they are at their best in a yard. Ours free-range and we have a pop-up canopy with legs buried about a foot into the soil so it doesn't para-sail away, an Orbit Mister under the canopy for heatwaves, several low lean-to's and a doghouse with some scattered foliage for the chickens to hide/snooze/dive under from aerial predators. Hawks won't swoop after hiding chickens and once saw all 4 of our hens dive into the big doghouse when the cackle alarm sounded.

6. Stupid chicken math. I ordered that same coop, and now we made it 2 times, and some, as big inside (added a room on the back) , and also enclosed it in a 9 x 14 run, skirted the house after screwing it to a 2x4 frame, and will be skirting the run as well. I have a bucket of sealer ready to go on it when we get the roof done. Chicken math will get you every time. Oh and according to the site we got it from it holds 4 chickens [​IMG] no way it holds 4, plus we have 6, and heavy breeds. lol.

Oh and hi Chuck, welcome to BYC [​IMG]

7. chikmagnet69

chikmagnet69 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2014
    Va.
    Here's my finished door...repurposed some boards off of some old pallets for that rustic look. Also found a good use of an old belt.[​IMG][/IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    ^^ that looks awesome! I wonder what will happen to the leather after a rain... might make it too tight to get undone... But it sure looks nice [​IMG]

9. chikmagnet69

Jun 29, 2014
    Va.
    Here's the pic of whole door...still trying to figure out how to post more than one picture at the same time...

10. chikmagnet69

Jun 29, 2014
    Va.
    [​IMG]
    It took a minute...finally got it posted. Always learning something new.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by