post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Gawd bliss Murica!

1 person likes this.
  2. Pecanny

Pecanny Out Of The Brooder

What Sylvester said...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Fricasee

Fricasee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2014
    Durango, Colorado
  4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I once saw a picture from somewhere in Africa where old glass bottles were used like bricks together with concrete. I'd like to build something like that sometime. It was really nice how it let the light in and a cool way to repurpose old bottles.

5. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Florida has its hurricanes and we in SoCal get the 100 mph Santa Ana gusts about 2x a year so strung-up hanging glass bottles wouldn't work for us - they'd smash in one good Santa Ana gust LOL.

I DO like vehve's idea of setting the bottles in concrete though - it would take a tidal wave to finally break THOSE!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. Ila88

Ila88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. lithiachick

lithiachick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    That coop and run is so nice! You did a great job! I'm wondering if it could use some ventilation? Since we only see 3 sides, I may just be missing it. My chickens would no longer be laying by the time I finished that!

1 person likes this.
  8. Rani

Rani Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2014
    By A Lake, Minnesota
    I'm not sure yet about ventilation. The top is wide open (covered by hardware cloth). The door is always open. For now - it's been getting really hot and the hen house is boiling. I think we may add a window/door to the other side by the garage and cover it with hardware so I can open it and try to get some cool air in there. For the winter, I will slide a piece of insulation foam on the top and leave a few inches open for ventilation. I am new to this, so any advice is appreciated!! So far, they seem fine in the house - it's big and airy with the open roof. Winter may be a different story. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  9. Rani

Rani Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2014
    By A Lake, Minnesota
    WOW! This is GORGEOUS! We bought the same plans but kept to the script. I LOVE your version. How many chickens do you have?

10. LindaB220

LindaB220 Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2013
    Portland/Vancouver area

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by