post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. gilcamp4

gilcamp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2013
    delaware
    here is our chickens going into the new yard, they are not sure about leaveing the dirt[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    that frame is going to be put against the new coop as a indoor run for bad weather the fence is up the coop has to have egg nests but for now there are milk cartons in there they have not left me any eggs in them yet, we will start locking them in it at night as soon as the roof is fixed, dh missed some studs so we have four spots that need filling put in, i busted him the carpenter for 75 years and missed studs.

2. Lockdown199

Lockdown199 Out Of The Brooder

The wire goes down a foot all the way around. I had a perch that went across the open area but at night they were using that instead of going inside to perch for the night, maybe in a few weeks I'll put it back. Thanks for the advice.

3. Lockdown199

I used construction sand I got at lowes. I did paint the floor with several coats of outdoor semi gloss acrylic paint before I put the sand down.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Did you get it by the bag.....from the construction area or from the garden area? I will need about .70sq yds for my coop.[​IMG]

5. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Gorgeous roo and building - although I prefer Dominiques over BRs. Doms were the foundation for BRs with game bird Malay and other birds to create the heavier build so they eat more than Doms but both are still nice breeds. It's nice to see chickeneers do their coop research before getting chickens. Hurray for RJ and spouse!

6. VladikC

VladikC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    Excuse my ignorance, but are there any tutorials on how to make feeders and waterers out of PVC?

7. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Hey, go easy on him the carpenter! I can't even remember where I layed down the hammer I just had in my hand! LOL

Very nice progress!

8. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    My first research for such things is to always go to youtube.com to see if there is something on gardening, building, crafting, etc. You can probably look up coop builds and chicken feeders to see what guys have built. I've seen some neat videos on guys who have built different things like nestboxes, coops, pens, and feeders.

9. Sylvester017

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    In the interim before putting the perch back up get a couple old wood (not plastic) chairs from the thrift store or a relative who's tossing out stuff. Easy enough to take chairs out of the pen before roosting time at dusk. An old log or tree stump end on the pen floor would work too. Chickens love to perch on stuff even during the day.

10. Lockdown199

I got it by the construction area and I used 10 bags.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by