post your chicken coop pictures here!

I used construction sand I got at lowes. I did paint the floor with several coats of outdoor semi gloss acrylic paint before I put the sand down.
frow.gif
Did you get it by the bag.....from the construction area or from the garden area? I will need about .70sq yds for my coop.
hu.gif

This photograph is of my new rooster, Rooster Cogburn, but has my coop in progress in the background. Still need to shingle it and a lot of trim work, but the bulk of it is there. The outside is my wife's Pinterest build, the inside will be my BYC inspired style. Poop boards and such. I am more interested in the workings, and she the look. I suppose everyone is happy… It is about 10' x 14' and close to eight feet high at the doorway. I hope it will be enough for some roosts and a nest box.

Love this thread, a lot of neat ideas and tips to be found here. Thank you BYC members for the nice forum and great insight into building and raising birds.

RJ

Gorgeous roo and building - although I prefer Dominiques over BRs. Doms were the foundation for BRs with game bird Malay and other birds to create the heavier build so they eat more than Doms but both are still nice breeds. It's nice to see chickeneers do their coop research before getting chickens. Hurray for RJ and spouse!

here is our chickens going into the new yard, they are not sure about leaveing the dirt
that frame is going to be put against the new coop as a indoor run for bad weather the fence is up the coop has to have egg nests but for now there are milk cartons in there they have not left me any eggs in them yet, we will start locking them in it at night as soon as the roof is fixed, dh missed some studs so we have four spots that need filling put in, i busted him the carpenter for 75 years and missed studs.
Hey, go easy on him the carpenter! I can't even remember where I layed down the hammer I just had in my hand! LOL

Very nice progress!

Excuse my ignorance, but are there any tutorials on how to make feeders and waterers out of PVC?
My first research for such things is to always go to youtube.com to see if there is something on gardening, building, crafting, etc. You can probably look up coop builds and chicken feeders to see what guys have built. I've seen some neat videos on guys who have built different things like nestboxes, coops, pens, and feeders.

The wire goes down a foot all the way around. I had a perch that went across the open area but at night they were using that instead of going inside to perch for the night, maybe in a few weeks I'll put it back. Thanks for the advice.

In the interim before putting the perch back up get a couple old wood (not plastic) chairs from the thrift store or a relative who's tossing out stuff. Easy enough to take chairs out of the pen before roosting time at dusk. An old log or tree stump end on the pen floor would work too. Chickens love to perch on stuff even during the day.

@ Bruce

The sand in the run was the leftover I had from filling the coop. I like the idea of getting rid of the ramp and adding the porch. I over lapped the 1x2 with the 1/2in so little paws couldn't get in and make a grab, that 1x2 is good and strong it would take a lot to get through it. I used my air stapler to secure the wire I think I used over 10k to secure it, if you saw it close up you'd be saying to yourself this guys nuts.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom