post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Applehead

Applehead Just Hatched

Jun 21, 2014
    H'Burg MS
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    Absolutely love it..You are very talented! LOL..,,,had a man building me before he ...just got can't get around to it (been going to since 1st of Mar before I got chicks)...so now I'm having to finish it. My DGD will be here tomorrow evening.. she has chickens, etc and will help me a lot. Can't wait!! Got materials...just need some help..! Got roof on, got a window put in, got nest boxes done/egg door done. Got to finish wiring over the ventilation areas, put on a pop door, a people door and redo the run. Oh yea, because it is soooooooooooooooo well ventilated (boards are bowed and old)..got to wire the inside walls.....LOLOL Got some pullets waiting ...hope to get them in the coop before they begin laying.! Such an adventure!!

3. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Wow...great job!!

4. Pecanny

Pecanny Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG]

5. Pecanny

Nice coop dad.

6. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Apart from the door looking a bit out of place, I would say your's is beautiful. Nice workmanship and attention to detail.

The door isn't bad either, I just think it's a different style than the rest of your coop and run.

1 person likes this.
  7. 73luke

73luke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2013
    Dad?:cd

8. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    I think it looks amazing
    I prefer a rustic look than a fancy look
    But your looks really functional too
    You should sell your design online as a
    Recycled coop plan

9. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Hi again -

Because you haven't had anything get in yet doesn't mean you don't have strong critters out there. Just two ordinary dogs broke down our gate and attacked our 4x6 coop that only had 1 inch chicken poultry wire and they mangled it with their teeth and claws - would've lost the flock if not for a good neighbor who chased off the critters. Poultry wire will keep poultry inside but won't keep the critters outside.

$$$ is why poultry is a hobby and not-for-profit. We figure our eggs from one hen who's been to the vet 4 times in one year is costing us almost $4 per egg just in vet bills alone LOL!

10. Pecanny

Great job Gretabee. Love it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by