post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. little buddy

little buddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2014
    I finished mine for the most part. Kind of a bummer because it was a lot of fun to build.at least I can add cool little details I see from some of the pics I see on here.[​IMG]

2. little buddy

Jun 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

One more.

3. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    Really nice job there! [​IMG] and the thread! The "store bought" coop in the background of your 1st shot looks OK too [​IMG] though maybe with a little (OK, maybe a LOT) less character [​IMG]
    Couple of questions/comments... Will you eventually finish the trim on the 2 back corners? [​IMG] [​IMG] I only ask because you did such a good job with the rest of the detailing... Your birds will easily be able to clear that fence though maybe you free range them so that's not a big deal? Do you have to worry about hawks? Though the fencing you have looks rustic and totally goes with the motif, it won't stop a determined land based predator for any amount of time. Many on here will ask for interior shots to see what you did inside [​IMG]

Again, nice job!

4. little buddy

Jun 25, 2014

5. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Ok,,,needs some advice....what do I do with the corners....the boards are so old and about 10" wide...and they are bowed. I need to be able to close the cracks back up. I am wiring the inside the best I can to protect it from the inside... Lots to finish but a little at a time....Will be using sand when I get it complete. Got to fix the 2 doors...still struggling with that. Took the jigsaw and trimmed out the people door to see if I can get something squared up...or closer to it anyway! LOL Don't laugh...[​IMG]it will get done one day and be safe..How about the use of flashing on the corners?? Never handled it before but >>??
    [​IMG]W
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Yeah, I think you're right. If you can locate some 90-degree wide flashing you could slap that up on your corners no problem, especially since you have a nice overhang from your roof line. I'd do it! And by the way, your coop is lookin' good!

I just noticed something in one of your pics...
    [​IMG]
    Is that roost bar in front of your nesting buckets to be used as a 'ledge' before entering the buckets? Reason I ask is I don't see their real "roosts" .. are they are on the other side? Your row of nesting boxes are up against what looks like a piece of insulation or something...kinda "open" to the outside world...is that on purpose? Anyway, if the roost bar I'm seeing is just for a ledge to the nesting buckets I'd say they're a little too tall without a ramp or something. One other thing, are your regular roosts higher than your nesting boxes????

7. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    Yes..leaving the roost till last. Planning to have several levels. Should one be higher? Will look at Lowes Monday about the flashing.the door to the nest boxes is opened.. No insulation. My roost won't be too far from the bar you see...is that ok? Don't want them using that bar to roost on.

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Don't use any ready made flashing boards, they'll just ruin the lovely look you've got going. You can make corner boards out of the same stuff you're using as paneling. Just place them in an L shape vertically against the corner.

9. autismmomkim

autismmomkim Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2014
    Louisiana USA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Better pics of our coop! We r thinking of adding and putting a build in pond for the ducks their pool stays nasty and I have to dump and clean it every 3 days. Ugh

10. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Very nice coop.

Is the Amish coop in the background your neighbor's and is it an Amish-built or self-built coop?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by