post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Berner Mom

Berner Mom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2014
    Porter Corners, NY
    [​IMG]We have put up the fence, added the lights and have the rest of the trim painted if not on yet.
    [​IMG]The "kids" enjoying the yard.

[​IMG]The actual yard they get to enjoy, and it is fenced in.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. DoubleMM

DoubleMM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2014
    Beautiful place and great coop. My sister used to live near Porter Corners back in the mid 80's

3. TheDens

TheDens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2010
    Sure, I'll show off. :) This was built by my very patient and talented boyfriend. The coop is just a Suncast plastic storage box with holes cut out for vents and a pop door.

This spring, the day after we decided it was complete enough to put the chicks out into. The ramp and perches weren't built yet.
    [​IMG]

They like their perches!
    [​IMG]

4. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Very nice workmanship indeed! What part of the country do you live in? I see that you're backed up to the woods, etc......you will have predators. There's two things I would highly suggest:

1) Get rid of that worthless chicken wire. Stray dogs, raccoons, weasels, fox, coyotes...you name it will tear through that chicken wire like it was butter. Would suggest using 1/2" hardware cloth all around.

2) Do you have your wire buried at the bottom "apron-style"? Something like this:

[​IMG]

Dogs, and especially raccoons, will dig right under the setup you have presently.

Just a few suggestions, your girls are adorable and I'm sure you'd hate to see them killed by scumbag predators...just some thoughts...wishing you all the very best.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  5. TheDens

TheDens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2010
    The bottom part of the run is hardware cloth, it's the just top that is made of chicken wire. The yard is fenced in, and those shrubs are just in front of the fence between my yard and the neighbors'. We're not in the woods, we're actually in a subdivision. There is wire fencing buried under the mulch and under the run floor.

6. broedyhen

broedyhen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2014
    My coop its old but it does the job :) [​IMG]

7. Carpenter Coop

Carpenter Coop Chillin' With My Peeps

As long as they're safe

Is that Panguitch lake

8. broedyhen

broedyhen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2014
    Nope its the Atlantic.