post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Halokirbs

Halokirbs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2014
    The birds will be inside their run and coop at all times. The run is not built yet. We are making the run next week. The birds will not have the ability to get behind it.

2. Halokirbs

Jul 18, 2014
    There are ventilation holes inside the coop. If I need to make more, I will do that later.

3. Halokirbs

Jul 18, 2014
    We will have 5 but we do not have any yet.

4. DoubleMM

DoubleMM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2014
    Best to you and your soon to be new chickens

5. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont
    OK, so far the only suggestions you got were paint related so I'll take a different road. For wheels, get pneumatic ones, they will roll better. And plan a method of raising and lowering them so the frame can sit on the ground when you aren't moving the coop. I remember seeing a plan here on BYC though I don't recall the details. How many chickens? I assume the roost will be on the right side of the picture above, how about the nest box? I don't imagine there is space for more than one. How will it be ventilated? You'll need more than the little triangle at the top of the enclosure.

6. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Well.....this is the inside of the people door to my coop.....don't look too bad does it....LOLOL.....don't know whether any of you remember when I said the guy who started my coop didn't use a square or level? [​IMG] Well, I didn't keep that in mind when I put in the supports,.. I put 1x4's all the way around, complete with L & T brackets!! Lots of screws! WELL......I had planned for my GS to put the door up at the door and let me mark it but he wasn't here today! So I thought I had allowed plenty of room around the door for it to fit...WRONG! [​IMG] One side was good...the other needed a further setback. I have actually probably built this thing twice so far! Now I have to take this very sturdy door apart tomorrow...but ...I sure know how to put it back together!!![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. junior62

junior62 Just Hatched

Jul 24, 2014
    New Brunswick
    [​IMG]Alright... Here is a pic of my almost finished coop. I took photos if the whole build...a lot of it was build as I went. Got some good ideas from the folks photos here. Took the good from each. Let me know what you think.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  8. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont
    Wow, an invisible coop! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Chickie Baby

Chickie Baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2014
    The boys & girls coop! I need a walk in coop:barnie
    [​IMG]