post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. PrimroseMom1

PrimroseMom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA

Deep litter is great if you have an easy way to get it out from time to time. Scoop out litter, I use hay, and straight out to the compost pile. I use deep litter for the bunnies and I can scoop it out and straight to the garden. No stinky either!!

1 person likes this.
  2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG]

3. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not good for humans and not good for chickens. There are a LOT of healthy treats that they would live just as much or more. I don't recommend you give them two lies for other sugar treat. JS

4. MobyMack

MobyMack Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Yea!! Congratulations!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  5. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Yea, but as I said.....I don't do that often because of the fat content.....I usually provide salads/etc.... I wouldn't feed such to my ladies except on rare occasions. ! And I don't keep treats in my house either![​IMG]

6. chickiebaby1

chickiebaby1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    Brewer Homestead
    My Coop
    So I just found this thread a couple of weeks ago and I have made it to page 75. [​IMG]I think all these coops are awesome, and they give me so many ideas to improve on mine and help me with future ones. Right now we have several small coops ( good for about 6-8 each) that I am using to keep the different breeds separate for breeding, but the DH, DS, and I are going to start converting our big shed into a "winter" coop that will be attached to our 55'x70' fenced in garden for all of the girls and a few of the boys to go into for the colder months (until breeding season). We are going to use the biggest breeding pen for the rooster pen and they will have access to our fenced in back yard. Here are some pics of our coops. All built out of repurposed materials and by my wonderful husband, who is enabling my chicken addiction.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

without the run
    [​IMG]
    with the run[​IMG]

This is just a roosting house that can be closed up at night, it's for the free rangers.
    [​IMG]
    This is our big breeding pens. It is sectioned off into 4 different pens. ( Almost done)
    [​IMG]

I figured out how to use hubby's screw gun and made this brooder box all by myself. It has 2 sections for different ages, until they go into the grow-out cottage.

[​IMG]
    This is the grow-out cottage ( a repurposed playhouse). I actually found another one that we are going to use for a bantam coop.
    [​IMG]

This one is in the big yard where all the bigger birds can see them, just not get to them, that way it will be easier to introduce them once they get the right size.

As you can see I love coops. Hope everyone has a great day.

7. jtbass2756

jtbass2756 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Nash County , NC
    My Coop
    [​IMG] You will love being here....Lots of great help and so much positive constructive remarks.....people on here,,,,especially the ones with a lot of experience will be a great help to you... Glad you are here..

8. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Quote: [​IMG] I know what you mean...once you get in there it's addicting...you say to yourself after a few hours..."oh, just one more page" !!! [​IMG]

I have a question for you....whereabouts do you live? Reason I ask is because of the type of wire you are using and I'm fearful you will someday be dessimated by a predator attack, and you don't want that I'm sure. I notice a lot of forested areas around you which I'm sure have them.

I had to laugh when you said you learned how to use your hubby's screw gun....I went through the same thing! I'm a single gal and I bought a screw gun and a small skill-saw. The first time I used them I was scared to death. Then after a few times I thought "hey, I can DO this!!" Best of luck and wishing you well!

9. TropBeaucoup

TropBeaucoup Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2014
    WOW these are both absolutely amazing!!! Do you have plans that you would be able to share?

10. PrimroseMom1

Apr 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA

Who are you asking?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by