post your chicken coop pictures here!

Ok, saw this today on fb, and I love it! Printing it out and making a sign for the girls coop!
yuckyuck.gif

What gauge wire do I need for the run? We have coons, skunks, foxes, and I've seen coyotes near by, but not in our neighborhood. I'm looking at welded wire and hardware cloth, but I'm open to suggestion.

1/2inchx1/2inch 19gauge. I got mine from Lowes Home Improvement store. It is galvanized and is way more durable than chicken wire. 36 inch wide and roll was 25 ft long I stapled it with stainless staples and trimmed over it with wood. It is more costly than chicken wire but will last way longer :)

What gauge wire do I need for the run? We have coons, skunks, foxes, and I've seen coyotes near by, but not in our neighborhood. I'm looking at welded wire and hardware cloth, but I'm open to suggestion.
Hardware cloth in 1/2" squares. I bought mine from www.wayfair.com. It was a much better price than I could find locally.

1/2inchx1/2inch 19gauge. I got mine from Lowes Home Improvement store. It is galvanized and is way more durable than chicken wire. 36 inch wide and roll was 25 ft long I stapled it with stainless staples and trimmed over it with wood. It is more costly than chicken wire but will last way longer :)

Thank you very much. I'll find some. Would you be willing to post some pictures of how you attached the wire with the staples and trim? It would help me a lot. I really have no idea what I'm doing. The ground here is really hard so i was thinking about putting done down in the bottom of the run so preditors couldn't come up, but then the chickens can't scratch. I'm not sure how I am going to do that yet.

Back
Top Bottom