post your chicken coop pictures here!

Here's 1 of my newest additions/add on

Hey everyone! I'm in NC and I love some of the coops I see!!! I want some of these coops so bad! Alas, we are trying to build a good coop and are not very successful. We have some ideas, but we don't really know where to start or how to do it.... I see all of these amazing coops and I can't even imagine where all of you started to think to create these amazing coops. We don't have too much money to spend on a coop and are not the most handy when it comes to construction.... so would anyone able to point me in the right direction as to where to start?

Quote: Coops don't have to be fancy nor all that expensive.
They are just a small enclosure with roosts and nest boxes.
There's no "right or wrong" way to do it, and it doesn't have to be complicated to work.

Mine are just simple "sheds"
One is nearly 100 years old, and the addition is pretty much a copy of the first

So excited. Moved the girls into their house last night. Still have small details to do and go get the actual nest boxes but, whew! They are in and like it.
[/IMG]

Hi All

I wanted to post an image of the coop I built this summer. I re-purposed a neighbors kid's playhouse that was unused.
We strapped it to a tractor's forks and moved it to my workshop where I fitted it with a curved roof, copper flashings a door and faux window. This was done on a tight budget. It may not appear so, but we used leftover materials from previous projects. I'm a designer. The entire project was under $400.
The structure is sided with cedar and is elevated off the ground by 4'. There's a mechanical ramp that allows the chickens access underneath and to the fenced area. The wire sides under the coop go extend into the ground and make a right angle under the ground for 2' so an animal cannot dig its way under. The ramp is raised and lowered with a boat winch, cable and pulleys.
The coop is wired, has a motion security light, exhaust fan and lighting. We have 9 chickens. Isa Brown, Wyandotte and Sussex. This spring we'll add Australorps.

Back
Top Bottom