post your chicken coop pictures here!

I just bought this coop on Amazon for $199. It's 78" by 42". It will house three bantams:

welcome-byc.gif
Looks good. I'd weather proof it because sometimes they tend to warp. Your babies are going to love it. Good luck.

Well we finished our bantams coop....ummm I think it maybe a bit big BUT there's plenty of roosting areas and a place for 2 nesting boxes. They seemed to like it but I miss my Littles being so close.

Everything was made with repurpose wood, recycled tin (which I'm gonna paint), and hardware. It's on stilts for a couple reasons: 1. it may flood back there with puddles! 2. predator proof with the tin and 2 types of wire on sides and door. May have to get a few more bantams!!!

I had the same worries, so I made my external nest boxes with a drop down front instead of lifting up the top. I don't have chickens yet, but it functions well and locks up tight.

I totally forgot - I saw one like yours on this thread. We are looking at Amish/Dutch coops and they all come with external top-lid boxes. TUFF SHED coop has flat door access through the wall for their nestboxes. Our current coop is a flat door access to internal nestboxes which is so ideal. I think if we choose Amish/Dutch we'll have to have a canopy set up over it. I just don't like standing in the rain to access top lid nestboxes.

Well we finished our bantams coop....ummm I think it maybe a bit big BUT there's plenty of roosting areas and a place for 2 nesting boxes. They seemed to like it but I miss my Littles being so close.

Everything was made with repurpose wood, recycled tin (which I'm gonna paint), and hardware. It's on stilts for a couple reasons: 1. it may flood back there with puddles! 2. predator proof with the tin and 2 types of wire on sides and door. May have to get a few more bantams!!!

looks good

I don't know if it's the angle or what but the top roost is 14" from the wall. I used 2 x 2 's that were free from the local dump - sanded the sharp corners down. Actually all the wood I used even the board for the feeder were from the dump. Except for screws everything is repurposed. If the girls have trouble with the roosts I can always change them but when I had hens years ago I used a 50 year old coop that had very similar roosts with no problem and 100's of chickens had lived in it over the years.

I love the tin wall idea. I'm a worrier however and probably would use the tin over a wood wall for double reinforcement. I hate raccoons and know how manipulative their claws can be to find a weak spot and rip away. But like I said, I'm a worrier especially since I saw a raccoon as big as a goat come out of our city sidewalk drain at 2 a.m.

Excellent thinking about the floods. We also lifted our coop on skids a couple inches on the patio so it wouldn't sit in water on rainy days.

Love your roomy coop but I wouldn't add more chickens. In the wild they are accustomed to roaming a lot of acreage for food and self-entertainment. Think how crowded if you had more than 4 adults living in your own house. Unless you free range these guys don't crowd them with more occupants. Right now they've got good flapping and flying room - especially since many bantam breeds are excellent flyers. Your guys are real cuties! I can't get mine to pose - they're constantly moving around.

Back
Top Bottom