post your chicken coop pictures here!

I believe I made mine 10 wide by 16 high by 12 deep....
I had a width from my other coop but just divided the space I had into 10 boxes which got me a little.over 9 inches. For winter protection I will always keep one box per chicken so they can cuddle up in the straw to keep warm.

I probably won't have time until December or January to do a coop page until things slow down a bit here. Son and I heading out this weekend for last moose hunt before freeze up. Plus wrapping up garden, late fall projects, work and all that good stuff.

Oh I know how that goes... started mine I dont know how many times now i have to start all over again because I am tearing it down and doing it over.... Been here almost five years.... Stuff has changed so the coop has to move to a new spot... all good... but lIke I said I work from a walker.

deb

Here is the coop we built for out chickens this year, it's insulated better than out house so the chickens can survive the winters here.
thumbsup.gif

Looks to be a fine job! You might want to consider a somewhat higher lip on the net boxes so the birds can't accidentally roll one out.

Construction zone
Built a run that 10 x10 concrete pad added wood along top screen to cut down on drafts ( temps dropped to high 30's in Atlanta) this is temporary coop till my 8 x8 coop gets built.
It's being built 3 feet of ground

Framed out for floor
1 inch plywood

Yes that's radiant heat being installed ( friends say I over build everything)

Poured concrete today will start framing in two days
Am going to use a Rv propane water heater and 12 volt pump for heating system
Will post again when installed
My wife says I have a problem ( I'm hooked on chickens now)

Construction zone
Built a run that 10 x10 concrete pad added wood along top screen to cut down on drafts ( temps dropped to high 30's in Atlanta) this is temporary coop till my 8 x8 coop gets built.
It's being built 3 feet of ground

Framed out for floor
1 inch plywood

Yes that's radiant heat being installed ( friends say I over build everything)

Poured concrete today will start framing in two days
Am going to use a Rv propane water heater and 12 volt pump for heating system
Will post again when installed
My wife says I have a problem ( I'm hooked on chickens now)
Great job
I will be very interested in seeing how that works for ya....
pop.gif
I have a friend that has chickens in Alaska and uses no heat at all.

deb

I just finished most recent coop. Had a thread but will just post a pic or two. My adaptation of Purina's chicken hutch (on skids):

This just shows the two roosts and if you look close see the start of 1/2" hardware cloth being secured to entire top before metal roof went on. I need it to be weasel proof. Using mostly 2x2's for framing/nailers and 3/8 sheathing I got this in about 350 lbs with thick metal roof. Tows easy with riding lawn mower.

Back access propped open before first night so they could see well. Installed a 14x14 plexiglass over 11.5x11.5 hole cut just above roosts on far end the next day. My roofing was free scrap so this entire thing with cheap exterior stain was $250 and two weekends of work alone.

As it sags it looses current to the ground. When first up I get over 4000 volts (hilly propery so some grounding). As it sags over a weeks time it's around 3000 volts so I unclip and tighten it up in 20 minutes. Move the entire thing about every third week. Gotten so I can move it around trees and such myself in under 2 hours. The extra posts in fencing kit for corners helps a lot in keeping it tight. I also learned from Ridgerunner to take small sticks with fork of branch to stick in ground and pick up areas where it hits due to hills. My charger is 0.5 joules and that's 164', 48" netting with double spikes.

Back
Top Bottom