post your chicken coop pictures here!

Lavender is an antiseptic as well as being relaxing. I used a mixture of orange oil and lavender oil in my odka mixture. You could put orange peels and dried lavender in vinegar (or vodka) in a jar or spray bottle,e amd let sit for a week or so. Shake it once a day. The spray away!

I would scrape off any leavings, however you normally do it. You can then spray on your mixture and scrub with a scrub brush. Rinse and the spray again and allow to dry. The herbs are good for thr chickens and the vinegar is non toxic. If you use vodka or vinegar I would allow it to completely dry and air out before closing them up in it.

The holy grail of antiseptic oils is tea tree. If you can get some of that, mix it in to your vinegar.

Let me go smd grab my book to see what mixtures woukd work best for clesning and disinfecting. BRB

Ok these oils are antibotic, antiseptic amd antiviral: CINNAMON, EUCALYPTUS, GARLIC, LAVENDER, OREGANO, TEA TREE, THYME

All of those oils could be gotten at a store like Sprouts or Whole Foods, or Amazon. You dont need but a few drops in a spray bottle of vinegar to get the job done.

Thanks for all the info!!

Lavender is an antiseptic as well as being relaxing. I used a mixture of orange oil and lavender oil in my odka mixture. You could put orange peels and dried lavender in vinegar (or vodka) in a jar or spray bottle,e amd let sit for a week or so. Shake it once a day. The spray away!

I would scrape off any leavings, however you normally do it. You can then spray on your mixture and scrub with a scrub brush. Rinse and the spray again and allow to dry. The herbs are good for thr chickens and the vinegar is non toxic. If you use vodka or vinegar I would allow it to completely dry and air out before closing them up in it.

The holy grail of antiseptic oils is tea tree. If you can get some of that, mix it in to your vinegar.

Let me go smd grab my book to see what mixtures woukd work best for clesning and disinfecting. BRB

Ok these oils are antibotic, antiseptic amd antiviral: CINNAMON, EUCALYPTUS, GARLIC, LAVENDER, OREGANO, TEA TREE, THYME

All of those oils could be gotten at a store like Sprouts or Whole Foods, or Amazon. You dont need but a few drops in a spray bottle of vinegar to get the job done.
great info! thank you!
smile.png

Last edited:
Awww, thank you!!!! My husband did a great job building the coop. I was in charge of paint and decorations. I saw a sign like that online and figured I could paint one myself. :) So a few pallet boards nailed together and some paint, easy peasy!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Oh from all over! The wagon wheel was in my parents old barn for years and years, I figured it would look cute by the coop. The window came from an antique shop, the big metal rooster from Tractor Supply. The wooden welcome gate I found at a little place called Rustic Attic. I got the solar lights from amazon. I am constantly keeping an eye out for cute little coop decorations. :)

Back
Top Bottom