Post your Duck names!

Pics
My husband and I are struggling to think up names for our ducklings. They haven't hatched yet so I fear jinxing it, but so far the potential names are:

- Chub-chub
- Ralphus
- Đức (dear hubby is Vietnamese and thinks this is hilarious)
- Nugget
- and Bob.

Yes, in a world of ducks and exotic names, there is simply...Bob.

My husband and I are struggling to think up names for our ducklings. They haven't hatched yet so I fear jinxing it, but so far the potential names are:

- Chub-chub
- Ralphus
- Đức (dear hubby is Vietnamese and thinks this is hilarious)
- Nugget
- and Bob.

Yes, in a world of ducks and exotic names, there is simply...Bob.

I try to let them hatch; get an idea of personality and looks, and then decide on names.
My missus has certain names that she wants to get used regardless.

We have to compromise quite a bit!

We have 8 ducks and my kids named them all
Alvin khaki campbell drake
Janette and Eleanor khaki hens
Brittany Sally and Aflac mallard hens. My 7 year old son wanted her named Aflac
Elsa Rouen hen
Frankie my pekin hen my 8 year old daughter had to name her after Frankie from monster high lol

I try to let them hatch; get an idea of personality and looks, and then decide on names.
My missus has certain names that she wants to get used regardless.

We have to compromise quite a bit!

Ha! My hubby's the same way, and I'm more like your wife, I like to plan ahead and think of a cute name beforehand. Hence why our betta fish's names are Algernon and Obadiah (mine) and Chompy and Nibbler (his). Yeah...fish don't have too many strong personality traits or idiosyncrasies. XD

My 3 year old named our (Her) ducks Appa and Momo. Then we have a water turtle names Kitara. They are all names from Avatar: The last Airbender cartoon. She love it.

My 3 year old named our (Her) ducks Appa and Momo. Then we have a water turtle names Kitara. They are all names from Avatar: The last Airbender cartoon. She love it.

That's one of my favorite cartoons of all time! I'd have named mine Zuko and Azula. I got a thing for villains. <3

Tilly- aylesbury/pekin mix female
Nugget- female pekin
Bert- pekin she ended up being a female but I refuse to call her Berta.
Flower- male pekin (my daughter's baby)
Lucky- female mallard. She almost died when we got her and nursed her back to health.
Ducky- male mallard

That's so awesome! I really miss that show....
sad.png
All of our pets have some name from some kind of show. Like our rabbit Thumper
big_smile.png

That's one of my favorite cartoons of all time! I'd have named mine Zuko and Azula. I got a thing for villains. <3
That's so awesome! I really miss that show....
sad.png
All of our pets have some name from some kind of show. Like our rabbit Thumper
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom