I’m wondering if she’s actually older then 1? My older Cayuga went broody in June last year and she didn’t lay again until January of this year. So over 7 months. How well do you know the person who you got her from?

I didn't know the person that I got it from. I basically found the listing on gumtree which is pretty much craigslist but in Australia. I'm pretty sure she's not older than 1 but I don't have any way of confirming whether she is or isn't.

I didn't know the person that I got it from. I basically found the listing on gumtree which is pretty much craigslist but in Australia. I'm pretty sure she's not older than 1 but I don't have any way of confirming whether she is or isn't.
The problem is that ducks reach adult size quickly and are hard to age after that. Given that you didn’t know the person or how well they know ducks, I’m thinking that’s why she isn’t laying.
That’s my guess anyways

The problem is that ducks reach adult size quickly and are hard to age after that. Given that you didn’t know the person or how well they know ducks, I’m thinking that’s why she isn’t laying.
That’s my guess anyways

thanks, for the info. I honestly don't care much about the egg, I got her as a pet mostly. I just don't want her to be sick.

Back
Top Bottom