Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share a couple pics of our very first turkey eggs. Our rio grande hen disappeared Friday and after searching our property we saw a flash of tail feathers buried in the tall grass in the field behind our house. And to our surprise there she was with a gorgeous egg under her. Then last night we found another in the coop under our Silkie hen who had been broody for a few days. I used to wonder how I would tell the diffence in turkey and chicken eggs. VERY obvious which is which.

It must be a BR day, one of my Barred Rocks laid their first too! It didn't make it the nesting box, it was frozen, and it was little but someone is starting to earn their keep! No more freeloading after 23 weeks!

It must be a BR day, one of my Barred Rocks laid their first too! It didn't make it the nesting box, it was frozen, and it was little but someone is starting to earn their keep! No more freeloading after 23 weeks!

Not to be outdone, one of her sisters laid another small one but it wins since it isn't frozen and was in a nesting box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom