Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Easter Eggers layed her first egg today at 25 weeks old!
wee.gif

I was so ready to be disappointed about not having a green egg layer, and now totally elated that the kids will have GREEN eggs and ham after all!
celebrate.gif

Opening the nest box is like Christmas almost every day!

68713_img_0066.jpg

My first Easter Egger Egg. Not sure which of the six laid it. She is around 20 weeks old.
fe48af53.jpg

This is a variety of my new eggs. For comparison, the left egg is a Serama egg and the far right is a Rhode Island Red. The middle 3 are Easter Eggers and another new Rhode Island Red layer.
f57ba49c.jpg

My 10 month old Wellie finally laid. Good sized egg and a nice color.
All 6 are now laying.

45723_eggs_31jan11.jpg

Last edited:
Got my first egg from my DorkingX today, and watched her lay it!! Have a covered litterbox in the pen they lay in, and i was feeding when i saw her go in and "thump thump thump" heard her kicking around the golf ball. The rooster was sitting in front of it the whole time (she's the head hen). All the other hens would come by and stick their heads in.
Joe,GameX, Butterbean's, and Lucy, Leghorn
72239_lucybutterbeanjoe.jpg

72239_butterbean.jpg

I was very excited when my daughter called me at work today to tell me the good news. Josephine, our Easter Egger, laid her very 1st egg today. (2 1/4 oz)I have been reading this thread and seeing that not all EE's lay green or blue eggs. I figure with my luck she will lay a brown one just like her "sisters". Josephine is 26 weeks today laid a green egg. She is my only EE. I guess I was very lucky to get one. Six girls laying and 2 more to go, a BO and Welsummer)

66234_img_7194.jpg

My Josephine
66234_img_7983.jpg

(l-r)Delaware, BA,Black Star,SS,GLW & EE

Got my first one on 1/28/2011
big_smile.png

Inside of a cutesy egg holder my friend got me
tongue.png

67145_dsc00072.jpg

Compared to a store bought "Large" egg. It is so tiny!
67145_dsc00090.jpg

One of my BRs giving me and evil look...This was taken a few weeks before the first egg.
67145_dsc00039.jpg

We have now gotten 5 eggs, I am assuming from the same layer. My slackers need to get their butts into high gear!

Came home from work today (Feb 2nd, 2011) and look what we found!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not just one egg, but two. The eggs weren't there this morning when we left for work. I think it was the red stars because one of them was squatting last week and their wattles are changing colors. We're soooooooo happy. Can't wait for the Easter egger, the Australorp and the Welsummers to come online. The white egg is a store brought extra large egg. The girls were born on Sept 7th, 2011 (from MyPetChicken). So they are about 20 weeks old. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are going to get spoiled tomorrow morning. Meal worms, lettuce and oatmeal for all! We're proud grandparents! I can't get the smile on my face to go away.
big_smile.png

66188_our_first_eggs.jpg

66188_compared_to_xl_store_egg.jpg

66188_compared_to_xl_store_egg_2.jpg

7 chickens (3 Red Stars - Lulu, Zsa Zsa & Stella, 1 Australorp - Henny Penny, 1 Easter Egger -Matild and Two Welsummers - Chicka Chan & Ms. Thang). One English Mastiff, One Cat and thousands of meal worms (for the girls). Oh yeah and three wonderful adult children (1 son and two daugthers), no grandkids from that brood yet, hint, hint, hint. God is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Your story is very close to mine. I got my chickens from My Pet Chicken too and they were hatched a week later. My Red Star just started that squatting thing last week. We almost purchased the exact same chickens too. Just thought it was kind of funny. I am waiting impatiently for my first egg. Congratulations on your eggs! I am apparently right behind you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom