Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
644701_4237488749286_993888943_n.jpg
OUR FIRST EGG!!!Have no idea who layed it.Suspect RIR.So excited!!

Our Welsummer, Dorothy, laid her first egg today! She is 25 weeks and 4 days for those of you who may have Welsummers. She is definitely the biggest and most mature of the four Welsummers we have, and she has been squatting for about 2 weeks. Her egg is the little one in the center..definitely terra cotta colored with some speckles.

I didn't mean to post again, and now I can't figure out how to delete it.

Last edited:
Our Welsummer, Dorothy, laid her first egg today! She is 25 weeks and 4 days for those of you who may have Welsummers. She is definitely the biggest and most mature of the four Welsummers we have, and she has been squatting for about 2 weeks. Her egg is the little one in the center..definitely terra cotta colored with some speckles.
I have two Welsummers that are 24 weeks. No squatting yet although comb has been red for weeks. I am thinking that with the shorter days, they may not lay at all this year!

Well...Eight of my nine girls are now laying (all within a month of each other)! They are laying blue-green, pink and browns. I feel like a proud mom! It was worth the wait.
celebrate.gif

I have 4 BCM that started laying first. I'm not sure if I have 2 laying sort of regular or all 4 are laying sporad

ic. I know that I get 2 eggs at a time. I also have 14 EE and 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs that I'm waiting for their first eggs. The eggs seem to get darker every day.

Last edited:

GOT MY FIRST EGG EVER TODAY!!!! SO EXITED! :) (Do you guys think its either a plymouth rock or an australorp?)

Last edited:
GOT MY FIRST EGG EVER TODAY!!!! SO EXITED! :) (Do you guys think its either a plymouth rock or an australorp?)
I vote australorp. I had until recently - both white rock and australorp. That looks like Ebony - the australorp's egg. Congratulations!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom