Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags

Pics
That's what I should do as I have rabbits too.

How much do you sell it for? The problem here is so many have free horse manure but you have to shovel it yourself which would mean you would really a truck to make it worthwhile. I think there would be a lot of people here that would pay for it by the bag that have summer homes here.

How do you seal the bags?

10 dollars a bag full of 10 gallon buckets worth. we only fill them half full so that we can fold the top over and tape it, and it works, and its what we got!

For sewing lessons, contact your local shop that sells sewing machines (and usually vacuums, also). The specialty sewing machine shops almost all offer sewing lessons.

Some of the fabric stores offer sewing lessons, too.

Fancy sewing is an art, but plain straight stitching is very easy to learn.

I had sewing classes in Junior High School. I guess they don't offer that any more?

Thank you for that information. I will call ASAP. I want to learn.

Hey! If anyone got their curtains made and installed...please post pictures.
caf.gif

"I just started to make a pink valence for my coop window out of the Purina pink woven sack. I cant wait to put it up. how funny will that be? "

I used to think curtains in a chicken house were silly.... but not anymore!! I love this Idea!
clap.gif

I'm going to make some for my hatching and brooding house! Thanks for a great idea.

Wow. These are all very cool reuses of feed bags. I just skimmed through a lot of the posts here, and it seems like most of the uses are for the woven plastic type bags. The uses I noticed for the heavy paper feed bags are things like use in the lasagna garden bed method, liners for the base of a henhouse, poop or trash bags, and such. Does anyone have other creative reuses for the paper feed bags? Thanks!

Here's the link for the directions:

http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/i...n_feed_sack_into_a_reusable_shopping_bag.html

NOTE: Instead of using a 2nd bag for the handles/straps, using the scraps I cut from the bag, I made 2 16" straps instead of 1 32" and cutting it in half. (Step 6)

I've got this down to a science, I can cut/sew and finish 2 in just over 1 hour.

Have fun!

I'm working on different styles now.

Post your pictures when done, I'd love to see them.
You should sell them! (If you don't already!)

Back
Top Bottom