Post your pics of your canning work...

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
The reason I started this was I had a couple inquiries about how they are to look etc when they are done...

so to answer that:

A: everyones will look different; it'll depend on the quality of your foods (IE: how dark your stock is etc) how much you put into your
jars etc..

so here is just one of mine: (I;ll do more uploads later)

This is natural beef stock; no added colorings ...

79840_canning_2011_002.jpg

Last edited:
lots more:

DILLY BEANS: Fresh green beans that taste like pickles..I made both regular dill and hot dill)

canning2011029.jpg

corn relish: (potent; you can only eat a couple tablespoons at a time!)
canning2011026.jpg

candied jalapenos -- (OUR FAVE I need to make about 20 more because everyone wants them from us..then I gave most away and
didnt get enough for us!)

canning2011025.jpg

spiced honey:

canning2011024.jpg

cinnamon apples (a fave of the kids!)

canning2011010.jpg

jiardinaire (SP soo bad sorry)..
canning2011005.jpg

homemade manwich:
canning2011009.jpg

the most AMAZING onions: (they are crunchy, oniony, mustardy..amazing!)

canning2011011.jpg

"Rotel"
canning2011012.jpg

cinnamon applesauce:
canning2011013.jpg

Sweet Thai dipping sauce (amazing on chicken!)
canning2011014.jpg

Buffalo wing sauce (I use it on chicken breast)

canning2011015.jpg

I know this looks not too appetizing: but its completely yummy!
Barbecue Baked Beans (Clone from El Loco barbecue beans)

canning2011019.jpg

Chicken Broth (the white is the water residue on the outside of the jar)

canning2011020.jpg

Pecan Praline syrup

canning2011018.jpg

ooh those look lovely!!

no to the chicken breast...I know that the meat has a diff. texture from what i've read about it...so I'm not sure i'll do it..

but whatever you do...use your chicken feet (YES -- after you clean them like MAD!) and the carcass and some skin to make
the most amazing chicken broth ever to can!

Hi Momagain, I haven't been on in awhile and I came across your post. I love looking at all your pics and have some questions to ask.
Ready? Here goes....lol ...... First, your beef stock looks great. How do you use your candied jalepenos? They look yummy. Do you have your own honey or do use store-bought? I've made the cinnamon apple rings also and the are a fav at picnics. I bet you manwich comes in handy. I love having canned meat on hand. Your onions look delicious. Everything looks so good. There's nothing like homemade. Now, would you mind sharing some of those great recipes? I'm always looking to can things that I would normally buy at the store. The more I can make myself, the better I feel. It's nice to know what ingredients are in your food. TFS, Sandra

I haven't canned chicken yet, but plan to do so this week. I've canned ham and beef and it gets so tender and is so nice to have when you need a quick meal. I've made broth using the chicken feet and it gets gel-like. It's very good for your joints as it is a natural glucosamine. It just looks freaky when the feet are sticking up out of the pot! lol
lau.gif
When we have are chickens processed the skin comes off the feet and they are nice and clean. We always have them save us some feet. We use some and our farm dog loves them.
Barefootmom your peaches look nice. I canned some last year and they were so good.

we cant find chicken feet around here!!!

we have no asian markets either..

but I know when we butcher; we are saving the feet & some skin for the broth..

this sounds sooo gross; but my elderly neighbor wants the uhem brains, gizzard, liver and heart...uh...yeah..she can come pick that stuff out..
Hubby will butcher...and defeather etc...she can come pick through to get her uh..goodies???

but the feet are staying w/me! yes, the feet makes it gel up and thats FINE..super fine! Since I didnt have them..my stock
stays liquid like.. the gel will melt into liquid as you heat it..no worries!

Back
Top Bottom