Water Glassing /Hydrogen Peroxide

I would wait till dark and move them to roost bars till they get the hang of it. Or block nest box after all have laid till they get the hang it make sure roist bars are higher than nest boxes. They love being as high as possible .
I have used quart jar and half gallon jars . I can't remember how many I got in it.i know the white does deteriorate after awhile but smell is the best indicator of edible. Hydrogen peroxide is very caustic so it would remove bloom for sure .
Ok, thank you for the feedback. :)

Ok, so for the water glassing, do not use dirty eggs. The eggs must be clean but don't wash them, the bloom must stay intact. And I use a two gallon glass jar from Walmart. It needs to have a lid but not a seal. The lid is to prevent the water from evaporating, not to create a seal. Go ahead and reach in with clean hands or a clean spoon anytime you want to get eggs out. Then replace the lid. And when you grab an egg, don't be surprised if there is a layer of dried crusty stuff on the water. That's from the lime and is normal if the water hasn't been disturbed for a little while. It's no big deal
Ok, thank you for the feedback! :)

Back
Top Bottom