Pot Bellied Pig.Prego.WE HAVE BABIES PICS PICS PICS OCT.25TH!POST #1

It is SUCH a good thing that you and your future piglets are so dang far away... I'm in love with piglets!!!!
love.gif

(Okay, self... step away from the keyboard. Resist. Resist!)
droolin.gif

When she's very close to farrowing, you can rub her belly and she'll flop right over on her side. You'll also be able to express milk from her teats (but don't do it much).

How cold is it there? Piglets like it warm...I'd suggest building a little section where the babies can go and get under a heat lamp without momma. You can put a few boards across the corner of the pen but leave about 6" or 8" for them to scoot under the board.

And piglets can come out forward facing or rear, so don't panic if you see hind feet.
wink.png
Piglets are usually up almost right away and looking for a teat just minutes after birth.

Make sure you offer momma some warm (not too warm) water after birth, because they lose a lot of body heat when farrowing!

Good luck!!
fl.gif

I'm not too sure about the belly rubbing/flopping on side meaning much... Maddie has done that since she was a piglet, and so did my little boy that we had before Maddie.Just to clarify, Maddie is Not pregnant
wink.png
you shouldn't exress the milk because the first milk is the colostrum, which the piglets will need. If pigs are anything like horses she will also get a waxy substance on her teats when she's ready to have the babies - that someone with more knowledge on pig pregnancies would have to confirm though. Good luck!!

No changes yet. She is really killing me here. The last time I went out I slipped on my clogs which have a heel on them and busted my butt because the heel of the clog rolled right over those stupid walnuts~!!!! Grrrr. Tonight is going to be a sleepless one!!

Quote:
I know~!!! I am so excited to take pictures of the babies!!

The momma had 2 blue eyes so maybe some of the babies will have that also, I would love to get a black one with blue eyes!!

Anyone wanna guess how many total she will have...(including any that might die) the total at birth??

I think 7

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom