Pics

RickiHupp

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Newark, Ohio
Yes I am going to take pics...
tongue2.gif

I cannot remember when my female and male were together. I know their term is 3months 3 weeks and 3 days BUT in the past 3 days my girl has been getting milk. Her teats have been dragging the ground for atleast a month but just now she has started to really fill up with milk. and her teats are HUGEEEE.

Are there any signs that I should be looking for to know that she is in labor, warning signs? These are going to be my first piglets!!!!

Runt
celebrate.gif

16218_piggies_005.jpg

The GANG (minus runtie)
wee.gif

16218_piggies_007.jpg

So I went out at 545am and THERE THEY WERE!!!
She had 7 total 2 of which were dead. I will see how many boys and girls in a little bit. Their cords are still very fresh so I am going back out to see if there are anymore coming!!!! YIPEEEEEEEE

Last edited:
If she has milk I would start keeping an eye on her. Does she have her own pen?
Piglets can hit the ground running....so don't expect them to act like puppies. Their eyes will be open and they will on their feet real quick.
The piglets will need a ledge or something to get underneath so momma doesn't lay on them. If she is in an indoor pen put some kind of ledge along the wall for them. This time of year a heat lamp would be appreciated. Just be sure they can get away from it if they get too warm.
Momma should stop eating the day she delivers. She will lay around a lot. Give her lots of dry clean straw to make a nest with. She will make a huge round nest and the piglets might burrow into the sides of it to keep warm and protected.
Good Luck!

Okay!! Thank you so much for the advice!! I am putting her into her own space tomorrow. There is a huge amount of hay in there and I am able to hang up a light also. I do have a question though, as for the hiding place for the piglets, should I wait until she has them to see where I should put it or will they find it on their own? Is it like instinct? The pen she is going in is pretty big so I really have no idea where to put it. Thank you again!!!

Never seen a pregnant pig before! She looks miserable, haha! Very exciting though! Can't wait to see pictures of the little piglets!

Quote:
Gosh, I felt like that 2 weeks before my kids were born!
gig.gif

barnie.gif
And people ask me why I don't have any kids...
lau.gif

Can't wait to see pics of those little piggies!!!

Back
Top Bottom