Pot Bellied Pig.Prego.WE HAVE BABIES PICS PICS PICS OCT.25TH!POST #1

Pics
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I am getting so freakin excited about this!!!

None yet
hit.gif

I just went out there and scared the poop out of her, oops!! She is still just laying in her nest, her teats are really red now....hope thats a good sign!!
ya.gif
ya.gif

I'm guessing that she will start delivering about 5am. And that she will have 6 babies.
I wouldn't try to express any milk from her. I think the waxy stuff seals off the teat to keep bacteria out.
Hmmmm...I wonder how far you are from me. I'm in Ohio, up by Lake Erie and bordered by PA. I would love to have a little white girl. Hubby might kill me though...lol.
hide.gif

Dog size wise, how big is the momma and dad? Beagle sized? It's hard to go by weight because they are a lot heavier than they look. How many inches tall and long? But don't bug mom to get the measurments.
Thanks for keeping us updated!

Let's see... I say she'll have 7 little piglets... 5 boys and 2 girls LOL

I would LOVE a piglet BUT.. I am all the way in Illinois
hit.gif

What do you house them in anyway??? I dont have a barn. My rabbits are in a garage and I built the chicken coops JUST big enough for what I needed LOL

Good Luck
fl.gif

Last edited:
I am almost in the dead center of Ohio lol near Columbus.

Both my piggies are a little taller than beagles and longer lol. Tomorrow I will get a good picture of me with the daddy and that will give you an idea of his size!! I wont mess with momma too much because she has always been "stand offish" (is that a word??!!) The male "Bently" is a doll and loves to flop over on your lap and snuggle!!! Ellie on the other hand will let me scratch her ears and stuff and she will stand beside me but thats about it, she wont flop over like bently does.

I am hoping and praying
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Please Ellie.....dont make me and all of BYC wait much longer!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
I learned about farrowing from an expert on hogs. He's a PhD and has spent his whole life studying them. He knows more about pigs than even the pigs themselves know.
gig.gif
A squirt or two certainly won't use up all the colostrum, and could help tell when the sow will deliver.

Back
Top Bottom