POTATOES!!! *PICS added!*

Quote:
I've got mine in 10 litre buskets, one seed potatoe per bucket...

Thanks..I tried for some seeds at a garden shop but they had none.

Try buying the seed potatoes on line.... that's what I do..

Thanks! I'm going to do a roast chicken tonight and let the potatoes roast in the chicken drippings. yummmy!
tongue.png

an potato can be a seed potato.. why are you making this so difficult? go grab a potato out of your potato bag and plant it..

I plant about 2000 feet of row every year and I just use what is left over from last year.

the only seed I buy is when I want a different variety.. I get my seed from a vegetable seed stand..

I do know what I am talking about..

old.gif

I did the same thing...some store boughts were growing big eyes, so I cut them, leaving two or three eyes per chunk, planted that and it is growing, by golly! I think it's so much fun. I mounded them a little this past week, we'll see what happens. I have one plant that has a few flowers on it and I might plant more!!

Potatoes are easy to grow.
I like to harvest some while they are in the tiny stage, They are delicious.

Bake them with butter and herbs, or roast them on the grill with tinfoil.

We had a Dog (border collie named, ANGUS!) that use to steal the potatoes when we harvested them. My kids where young and would chase him all over the yard trying to get the potatoes from him. We had a wonderful time laughing and rolling around in the grass.

Back
Top Bottom