Potential brain damage from hypothermia? Please help diagnose this Turkey!

Yeah, sounds like she aspirated a little, but she doesn't sound too bad. Since she is not pooping I would not give food. Tomorrow can you go get some aquarium air line and a 30 or 60 ml syringe?

Okay, that's a good sign. Try mixing up a little crumbles and water, like a couple of tablespoons worth and offer her that. DO NOT FORCE FEED her that, aspiration of food would be very bad.
Got it. The good thing is she still has the will to eat. By crumbles and water do you mean loose mash?

No dice. I’ll try again in the morning - she seems to be settling in to sleep. I’m keeping her in a dog crate a safe distance from the fire - we’ll relight it in the morning to keep it up to 80 in there.
Get up every few hours and check on her if you can.

FBB6CBD8-EEAB-4646-A192-496BD6FD329D.jpeg
Get up every few hours and check on her if you can.
Excellent news! She is standing and screaming this morning - mostly for food. She pooped 4 times in the night, here’s a picture.

She still will refuses to drink on her own, but adamantly wants food. I will go buy the pipe and syringe in an hour. What’s the plan for today? When can I feed her?

Attachments

• 8C2CC007-CCFD-4699-9865-0A0CF0F506AD.jpeg
    8C2CC007-CCFD-4699-9865-0A0CF0F506AD.jpeg
    638.8 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 1950578
Excellent news! She is standing and screaming this morning - mostly for food. She pooped 4 times in the night, here’s a picture.

She still will refuses to drink on her own, but adamantly wants food. I will go buy the pipe and syringe in an hour. What’s the plan for today? When can I feed her?
She can also balance enough to walk as well, with some wobble. Much better than faller over. What diameter or tube should I look for, I have a soft rubber tube from a prior dental fiasco with I’d say a 3mm opening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom