Poultry Book Club

Ilovemyladies! :

I could not find How to Raise Chickens by Christine Heinrichs at my local library but I will keep looking.
My suggestions for November is either Keeping Chickens by Jeremy Hobson and Celia Lewis - which you can pick up at Lowe's for around $17 - or Chick Days by Jenna Woginrich.

there have been a couple of other suggestions re: where to get the book - one having a $2 coupon. i bought my copy on amazon for $11.32 - plus $3 bucks (or so) for shipping. Should be here early next week.​

my copy was delivered today. i'm ready.
smile.png

yay!

Are we ready to begin? I was wondering if we are going to read chapters and then have a discussion afterwards, or if we are to read the whole book then comment?

Quote:
good question. i just assumed we would all start, when prompted, to read a chapter then discuss. but, maybe we are supposed to be reading the book [all of it. now.] and then we will discuss. hmm.

Quote:
good question. i just assumed we would all start, when prompted, to read a chapter then discuss. but, maybe we are supposed to be reading the book [all of it. now.] and then we will discuss. hmm.

Usually in a book club there would be a chapter or more to read, then the discussion. By doing it that way we are all on the same page (no pun intended,) so to speak.

There are 18 chapters in Raising Chickens for Dummies. Lets read chapters 1-5 by Saturday September 10th and then we will discuss those first 5 chapters starting on September 10th. Sound like a plan?

Back
Top Bottom