Poultry Swap TOMORROW!!! Am I mistakenly selling any hens?! (Picture heavy)

Wow, that was fun! $5 entry to sell, so that was cheap. Sold my Lavender Orp for $10, right out of the gate. Also sold two Brown Leghorns and a Dixie Rainbow, all to separate people for $5 each. All very sweet families, looking for Roos to add to their flock. One of the Brown Leghorns (we called him Humpty!) has tail feathers that point down and to the side--this sweet mother-daughter pair thought he was adorable and picked him right out!
I was also able to give away my Olive Egger crossbeak for free to a sweet girl--they have one at home and were thrilled to have another!

All in all, 5 birds gone to happy homes, so it was worth my time! Also found out we have a big animal auction place every Saturday night in Schulerville (near Saratoga Springs) where you can drop off all unwanted birds at 4:00pm and they ALL sell, so said the guy next to me, for more than I was charging. He said they take 25% and mail a check to you Monday morning! Awesome!!

My flock is now down to 37 :)
Sarah

Sounds good! I wish I knew of one near me. The only one I know of is a flea market where you can take animals and sell them... I don't know how much it costs (if anything) or how you go about it though.

Wow, that was fun! $5 entry to sell, so that was cheap. Sold my Lavender Orp for $10, right out of the gate. Also sold two Brown Leghorns and a Dixie Rainbow, all to separate people for $5 each. All very sweet families, looking for Roos to add to their flock. One of the Brown Leghorns (we called him Humpty!) has tail feathers that point down and to the side--this sweet mother-daughter pair thought he was adorable and picked him right out!
I was also able to give away my Olive Egger crossbeak for free to a sweet girl--they have one at home and were thrilled to have another!

All in all, 5 birds gone to happy homes, so it was worth my time! Also found out we have a big animal auction place every Saturday night in Schulerville (near Saratoga Springs) where you can drop off all unwanted birds at 4:00pm and they ALL sell, so said the guy next to me, for more than I was charging. He said they take 25% and mail a check to you Monday morning! Awesome!!

My flock is now down to 37
smile.png

Sarah

Congratulations, Sarah! It sounds like you had a very successful Poultry Swap and you managed to avoid succumbing to "chicken math" in the process. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom