Powdered Duramycin (oxytetracycline) antibiotic in water

Yes, tbess, it is correct as long as you are using the Durvet brand below, but use it for 7 days instead of 4 days. Here is a link to verify that: http://www.durvet.com/dl/Durvet-Poultry-Brochure.pdf

index.php

Hi Kathy!

I am so glad the conversation is happening right now! Please see picture of what oxytetracycline I have...Will this be the 5 teaspoon per gallon or will it be different bc of 102.4 grams?

And then confirm egg withdraw...3 weeks from start or finish?

Thank you!!!
T

Hi Kathy!

I am so glad the conversation is happening right now! Please see picture of what oxytetracycline I have...Will this be the 5 teaspoon per gallon or will it be different bc of 102.4 grams?

And then confirm egg withdraw...3 weeks from start or finish?

Thank you!!!
T

This package weighs 280 grams
Package contains 102.4 grams oxytetracycline

102.4 / 280 = 0.37 , which means that it's 37% oxytetracycline and 63% filler
370 mg per gram
One teaspoon probably weighs 3 grams, so it's 3 x 370mg = 1110 mg per teaspoon
The 800 mg dose for one gallon = ~3/4 teaspoons

OK I think I figured it out. If it is 5 teaspoons per gallon then it it is 1.25 teaspoons per quart, or .62 of a teaspoon (a tiny bit less than 2/3rds) per pint. If I have to make this stuff every day I only want to make a little bit at a time for my 2 birds.

Thanks everyone for being so willing to help!! I really appreciate the information everyone offered here, and the compassion shown toward us and our sick birdies!

God bless you,
-Laurene

Quote:
You can use 1.25 to 1.5 teaspoons per quart.

-Kathy

[COLOR=333333] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] This package weighs 280 grams Package contains 102.4 grams oxytetracycline 102.4 / 280 = 0.37 , which means that it's 37% oxytetracycline and 63% filler 370 mg per gram One teaspoon probably weighs 3 grams, so it's 3 x 370mg = 1110 mg per teaspoon The 800 mg dose for one gallon = ~3/4 teaspoons [/COLOR]
Perfect! What about withdraw?

Back
Top Bottom