Powdered Duramycin (oxytetracycline) antibiotic in water

Pics
12 of them are roosters slated for camp in another 6 weeks. I've done good with NOT getting attached to the broilers.It changes the playing field when you care for sick animals. Almost impossible not to get emotionally invested.

12 of them are roosters slated for camp in another 6 weeks. I've done good with NOT getting attached to the broilers.It changes the playing field when you care for sick animals. Almost impossible not to get emotionally invested.
I hear ya... I spent weeks tending to a duckling with a broken leg that will end up being sold for meat.

-Kathy

What do you do if you are giving this to a dog? She weighs 70 lbs and I cant obviously feed her a gallon :) How much water to what measurement?

I realize this question is several months old, but I also know pages like this show up in internet searches when people are worried about their animals. The following link gives a dosage of 25 mg per kg of body weight given three times daily for three weeks. http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/3lysu-dosage-using-duramycin-10-tetracycline.html Other sites give the 400mg dosage as suitable for dogs, as in 1.25 Tbsp per gallon of water.
Note that I am NOT a vet, nor do I propose to know that this is accurate or safe. All I do know is that multiple sites give the same information. *shrug*
idunno.gif

I realize this question is several months old, but I also know pages like this show up in internet searches when people are worried about their animals. The following link gives a dosage of 25 mg per kg of body weight given three times daily for three weeks. http://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/3lysu-dosage-using-duramycin-10-tetracycline.html Other sites give the 400mg dosage as suitable for dogs, as in 1.25 Tbsp per gallon of water.
Note that I am NOT a vet, nor do I propose to know that this is accurate or safe. All I do know is that multiple sites give the same information. *shrug*
idunno.gif

Sadly I am partly to blame for this, as for quite some time I just wrote what was in the brochure without bothering to actually weight the powder and do the math. I am so sorry for perpetuation this misinformation.
hide.gif

Correct info:
  • The 800 Duramycin 10 dose is 1.5 tablespoons per gallon, not 1 tablespoon.
  • The 800 Oxytetracycline dose is 5 teaspoons per gallon, not 2.5 tablespoons

Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom