Powdered Duramycin (oxytetracycline) antibiotic in water

Pics
Quote: I was hoping to hear from you Dawg!!

Second question--two concentrations are listed on the package for two specific diseases. I don't think these birds have either, just a general bacterial infection.

By listing the 800mg dose, are you also saying that is the preferred concentration to treat?

I do the 1tsp/ 1 gallon of water for most illnesses. If you're using a 3 gallon water jug, just mix 1 Tbsp. If the duramyacin doesn't work, your can try Cordid, it's another antibiotic and a little more heavy duty.

Rhonda, thank you for the clarification. My birds seem to drink a lot. ANd the 8oo mg concentration is pretty strong.

another question--do I put the medicated out all day? For 7 days? or 14 days? The label for the powder ( oral) is different than the EOD x 3 for the injectable.

Sometimes meds are given for three day after all symptoms have cleared up.

Last edited:
I do the 1tsp/ 1 gallon of water for most illnesses. If you're using a 3 gallon water jug, just mix 1 Tbsp. If the duramyacin doesn't work, your can try Cordid, it's another antibiotic and a little more heavy duty.

Cordid? You mean corid, correct? Corid is not an antibiotic, it is an anti-protozoal used against cocci.

Feed store ran out of duramycin powder, But did have injectable. Any way to use this in their water?

Also for future readers: Duramycin 10 is tetracycline. THe injectable Duramycin is oxytetracycline. THESE are very different antibiotics in strength.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom