Power Outage

chrystalduck

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
I have 12 chicken eggs in the bator. Lockdown tomorrow... The power went out at 10pm last night and it was off close to eight hours.. The eggs were cold. Do you think there is any hope they will survive? I tried candling one and I seen no movement. I am just sick over it. DH said to give them a chance? Should I leave them in there? Have any of you ever had anything like this happen and have a success?

I would give them a chance anyway.
We had a tordado hit here during the night and lost power for several hours. I didn't candle because I never candle but twice anyway and also didn't want to open the incubator and have it cool down even faster. We are running a sportsman with staggered hatches so have eggs from 3 days old all the way up to day 18 lockdown in the same incubator. I'm just praying and
fl.gif

Thanks for your reply. I have decided not to give up. The temp is almost back to normal and I added more water.. Now the hard part wait and see..

I had my power go out for 22 hrs on day 15. I thought all was lost, but 14 of the 18 eggs hatched lastnight. This was the best hatch I've ever had. Good luck and keep trying.

Oh juvanate that makes me feel so much better! I can't stop thinking about the little things.. Waiting on the edge of my seat.. Congratulations on your new babies!!

You guys are sooo lucky!! A tornado went through my town Monday night and we haven't had power since. They're not expecting to get it back up until this weekend at the earliest. I lost 6 dozen eggs.
sad.png
Good luck with your hatch!!

We've had two 12-hour power outages in the last 2 days. I'm going to keep on with the incubators, despite the temps falling to 73 degrees inside them. I have one of the little fancy thermometer/hygrometers with the probe that I dropped thru the hole in the incubator lid, and it has a memory function so that I can see the lows and highs. The goose eggs should be all right; I'm mostly concerned about my bantam eggs, which don't hold heat as well as the larger eggs. *crossing fingers* I'm hoping we all have some chicks from these.

hey its the eleventh day today something happened to the electricity in our country today the incubator was off for almost 2 hours iam so scared do u think the chicks are dead pls reply someone

nikki1976 I am so sorry for your loss. It is so frustrating I know. I only have 12, but after watching them grow from the first candling I am terrified but I am going to go ahead and go into lockdown tomorrow and hope for the best.

Good luck everyone. I will keep you all updated. It would be nice to hear updates from you all as well.

I encourage you all to keep hope. I had a broody abandon a nest on around day 16 in the freezing cold winter and didn't notice the eggs were without a momma until the next day, they were ICE COLD and I gave the 4 eggs to another broody and 3 hatched on day 28 so keep the faith!!! Better late than never, he he. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom