Prairie Flower Block Swap

Fenrosie, what a beautiful place. I can't believe you got your daughter to dress like a mermaid. That's awesome.

little chicklet, that's a great quilt. II'm practicing free motion as well... long ways to go with that but it's so fun and great to be able to quilt your own.

okay... so it would be 13.5 with the sashing. Maybe that's what Jenny refers to... anyway I'm just following the tutorial and soo loving these blocks. This quilt will be awesome as well. Someone please let mother nature know spring is heree.... brrrrr...

This is a quilt I made in Dec for my son's best friend & wife's first baby. I have taught myself to free motion quilt on my home machine & I am loving it! The name is done in needle turned applique. thanks for letting me share
smile.png

Did you quilt it your self?

I have decided to break down my LA to the 5' version, and if need be will add the other 5' when needed, getting ready to crank that big girl up

Fenrosie, what a beautiful place. I can't believe you got your daughter to dress like a mermaid. That's awesome.

little chicklet, that's a great quilt. II'm practicing free motion as well... long ways to go with that but it's so fun and great to be able to quilt your own.

okay... so it would be 13.5 with the sashing. Maybe that's what Jenny refers to... anyway I'm just following the tutorial and soo loving these blocks. This quilt will be awesome as well. Someone please let mother nature know spring is heree.... brrrrr...
these are nice blocks!! and if you give me her e-mail address/phone number I will
gig.gif

Hello Ladies,

Just follow the instructions on the tutorial, the block is between 13.5 to 14" not to worry, the quilt shown has sashing so if you sash you can make up for inconsistencies, but this is a 13.5 inch block. Don't worry just make them and be happy, we are not perfect and we are over thinking this. Besides when the quilt is put together we may or may not see mistakes but our friends certainly will not!!!

Hey Minniechicks good to see you, tried to call to check on you!!! so you have a vm from me

Did you quilt it your self?
yes, I did. I did the circles around the name in an attempt to go with the sea theme of the fabrics & the rest was stippling (small & normal).

Oh wow! Great job!
thumbsup.gif
thank you!

It didn't take me long to figure out I could machine piece WAY more tops than I could afford to have long arm quilted or hand quilt ;). I think I enjoy doing it as much if not more than piecing. My first attempt was all over the map: big stitches, long, tiny, running over one another, etc. but with time & practice it has gotten much better. I kept the first attempt as a reminder of where I started but didn't even bother binding it.

oh guess what I have in the works........ ok give up,.......

I am seeing if MSQ will donate something to our group for the swap this time, and I asked about getting Jenny to autograph some post cards for us!!!!
fl.gif

oh guess what I have in the works........ ok give up,.......

I am seeing if MSQ will donate something to our group for the swap this time, and I asked about getting Jenny to autograph some post cards for us!!!!
fl.gif
Hey! that would be so cool! Thanks for all you do!
Didn't make it to church this Lord's day!
sad.png
Have swollen glands and nasty post nasal drip!
tongue.gif
I just despise not feeling well!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom