Prayer Req - Daughters Horse - Update Severe Infection Jugular Vein

Quote:
I was worried about those type of possibilities when I talked to the vet last night. She told me that 37% of horses they do surgery on come back with a problem within 5-7 years and about half of them do not make it.

Well, I'm off to go out and feed the sand clear as they have been done with their breakfast for a while and this should get in their bellies while they are emptied and work better.

She is still in a "holding pattern". She hasn't passed the blockage, but is not in great distress.

When the vet called this morning, they said they were going to tube her every three hours with water and try to flush out the sand.

They haven't called this evening yet.

well its good news not to have any bad news I wish this horse and you all the best and hope she makes a speedy and full recovery

Got a call about half an hour ago. She is passing little sand pebbles now!!
wee.gif

So, they are going to continue with the treatment and recheck her in the morning for the obstruction.

So now we wait and
pop.gif
instead of paying the big bucks for the surgery and
th.gif

pips&peeps :

Got off the phone a little while ago with the vet. Brandy is doing well this morning, her colon is now back in the correct position, but she does have an impaction.

The vet said it is not a hard impaction, so they believe that it will move out today sometime. She said that there is alot of tiny rocks in her, so basically a sand colic type deal now.

I have the sand clear out to start the other three on a one week dose to make sure it does not happen again. We are going to put the feeder on a stall mat to try to prevent anything the drops on the ground from getting sand or rocks on it.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

don't spend your money on sand clear but use the fiber supplements for ppl​

pips&peeps :

Got a call about half an hour ago. She is passing little sand pebbles now!!
wee.gif

So, they are going to continue with the treatment and recheck her in the morning for the obstruction.

So now we wait and
pop.gif
instead of paying the big bucks for the surgery and
th.gif

Oh Ya !!! that is great news I am so happy for you and your daughter.​

I'm not sure if they still offer it, but Strongid C feed through daily wormer used to offer a program with colic insurance if you got on the program and bought the product through your vet, (more expensive) and they would cover colic surgury up to $5000 I think. I forget, but you might look into it. Once they do stuff like that it is more likely to happen again.

Back
Top Bottom