prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hello, everyone! This isn’t a prayer request, but rather a request for book recommendations.
As you all know, Easter is coming up soon. I’m hoping to get my mother a devotional for Easter, but am having trouble choosing one for her. I decided that it may be a good idea to reach out to the wonderful Christians in this community, seeing that you may have some recommendations. If you know of any devotionals, study bibles, Christian literature, or any other Faith-themed books that you liked and think she may enjoy, please let me know!
She’s a very busy woman, but she loves to connect with others and to nurture the people around her. She is also very creative and loves art, so if you know of any books that have coloring/journaling/drawing in it, that would be and added bonus! (Although not necessary)
Ideally, the book would be God-centered, thought-provoking, and pushes for growth in faith.
Another added bonus is if it is geared toward women, but again, not necessary.
If you can think of anything you think she may enjoy, please let me know!
Thanks so much for your help, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! ❤️

Hello, everyone! This isn’t a prayer request, but rather a request for book recommendations.
As you all know, Easter is coming up soon. I’m hoping to get my mother a devotional for Easter, but am having trouble choosing one for her. I decided that it may be a good idea to reach out to the wonderful Christians in this community, seeing that you may have some recommendations. If you know of any devotionals, study bibles, Christian literature, or any other Faith-themed books that you liked and think she may enjoy, please let me know!
She’s a very busy woman, but she loves to connect with others and to nurture the people around her. She is also very creative and loves art, so if you know of any books that have coloring/journaling/drawing in it, that would be and added bonus! (Although not necessary)
Ideally, the book would be God-centered, thought-provoking, and pushes for growth in faith.
Another added bonus is if it is geared toward women, but again, not necessary.
If you can think of anything you think she may enjoy, please let me know!
Thanks so much for your help, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! ❤️
Welcome, Starburst! My very favorite devotional is a book titled "The Desire of Ages," by Ellen G. White. No coloring, sorry, but it's available in hard cover snd paperback both. It's based on the Gospels, the life of Christ, and is the sort of book you can read from cover to cover if you wish, or just crack open and read any chapter at random, and get a blessing. My husband and I read to each other every night, and have read this one more than once, it's a real gem! How very thoughtful of you to do this for your mother, you must love her and the Lord very much! God bless you in your search for the right book for her!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a wonderful praise report to share with y'all! I received the following text this afternoon from my husband's aunt. Just had to share it, hope it blesses and encourages all you-all, as it did us! Here:

I have something to share with you! Barbara, our daughter-in-law, had a drip from one nostril for 3 months. Tried antibiotics, everything. Finally dr sent a sample to lab. Turned out to be cerebral/spinal fluid! They told her it would cost thousands of dollars to even discover where the leak was. She asked to be anointed by the elders of the church as it says in James. She was anointed on March 19th and was healed instantly!! God is so good!!
:wee:bowOur God is a mighty God, and a mighty God is He, and beside Him there is NO OTHER, for HE ALONE is GOD, and we will praise Him before all nations!​

Welcome, Starburst! My very favoritecdevotional is a book titled "The Desire of Ages," by Ellen G. White. No coloring, sorry, but it's available in hard cover snd paperback both. It's based on the Gospels, the life of Christ, and is the sort of book you can read from cover to cover if you wish, or just crack open and read any chapter at random, and get a blessing. My husband and I read to each other every night, and have read this one more than once, it's a real gem! How very thoughtful of you to do this for your mother, you must love her and the Lord very much! God bless you in your search for the right book for her!
Thank you so much for the recommendation! If you think of any others you have loved, let me know - and if not, this devotional sounds very special to you and worth reading!
I’ll be sure to check it out! I know that Ellen G. White was a woman of faith, and also co-founder of The Seventh Day Adventist Church. Because my mother isn’t a Seventh-day Adventist, will the writings of this book be harder for her to follow along? Or is not specifically geared to The Seventh Day Adventist Church, and is a devotional that can be read by all denominations? Thank you so much! ❤️

Thank you so much for the recommendation! If you think of any others you have loved, let me know - and if not, this devotional sounds very special to you and worth reading!
I’ll be sure to check it out! I know that Ellen G. White was a woman of faith, and also co-founder of The Seventh Day Adventist Church. Because my mother isn’t a Seventh-day Adventist, will the writings of this book be harder for her to follow along? Or is not specifically geared to The Seventh Day Adventist Church, and is a devotional that can be read by all denominations? Thank you so much! ❤️
I don't think she will have a problem with it. Jesus performed a lot of healing miracles on Sabbath and the church elders had a problem with Him about that, but He paid them no heed. Those events are, of course, part of the narrative as they are recorded in the gospels, but I don't think she will find them objectionable. The book is highly readable, it kind of puts you on the scene, as it were. I would call it insightful.

Hey guys, I have a wonderful praise report to share with y'all! I received the following text this afternoon from my husband's aunt. Just had to share it, hope it blesses and encourages all you-all, as it did us! Here:

I have something to share with you! Barbara, our daughter-in-law, had a drip from one nostril for 3 months. Tried antibiotics, everything. Finally dr sent a sample to lab. Turned out to be cerebral/spinal fluid! They told her it would cost thousands of dollars to even discover where the leak was. She asked to be anointed by the elders of the church as it says in James. She was anointed on March 19th and was healed instantly!! God is so good!!
:wee:bowOur God is a mighty God, and a mighty God is He, and beside Him there is NO OTHER, for HE ALONE is GOD, and we will praise Him before all nations!​
How absolutely incredible! Anything is possible through the LORD, who makes the Heaven and Earth.
Glory and thanks be to Him, and may His Name be praised in every nation! ❤️

Also, each chapter draws lessons that apply to our own daily lives. It brings the gospels to life, and shows how the events recorded can apply to our lives today, and bring us to a closer relationship with Christ and a better understanding of God and His will for our lives. It's practical Christianity.

Fixed typos.

I don't think she will have a problem with it. Jesus performed a lot of healing miracles on Sabbath and the church elders had a problem with Him about that, but He paid them no heed. Those events are, of course, part of the narrative as they are recorded in the gospels, but I don't think she will find them objectionable. The book is highly readable, it kind of puts you on the scene, as it were. I would call it insightful.
I agree, and that makes total sense! To be clear, she isn’t against the Adventist Church, and understands that there are different opinions regarding the Sabbath, and has a very open mind. Just wanted to see if the devotional, was, for example, explicitly the teachings/doctrine of The Adventist Church, and if that would be a good fit for her. Sounds like something I should consider getting for her, though! Thank you! 😊
Also, each chapter draws lessons that apply to our own daily lives. It brings the gospels to life, and shows how the events recorded can apply to our lives today, and bring us to a closer relationship with Christ and a better understanding of God and His will for our lives. It's practical Christianity.

Fixed typos.
This sounds perfect! I’m hoping to find something that is applicable to our lives, as I think she sometimes feels overwhelmed by writings that have great theology, but are crowded with information that she doesn't know what to do with. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom