prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Thank you, this means a lot. Today I've just felt like an empty shell. It feels really weird and awful. I started a new medication-I'm wondering if it's because of that.

Anyway, I don't need to share all my troubles. Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement.

Very important call and let your doctor know

I came back on to tell you this could well be a chemical imbalance. And indeed, with you just starting a new Rx, it could very well be. I was going to ask you if you had any reason to be sad and crying. And if not, that it could be due to a chemical imbalance, so do let your dr or pharmacist know what's going on ASAP. Don't do anything drastic, certainly don't harm yourself, until you've tried all other options. Anyway, know that we do care.

many medications have many side effects. talk to your therapist as soon as possible. you might get another medication or return to the previous therapy.

you see how many people who even don't know you love you?! you have no reason to feel like an empty shell.
Thank you. I let them know.

@chickengr said: you have no reason to feel like an empty shell.

Sometimes reason has nothing to do with it. Before I got dx and medicated for my bipolar, this was what was so frightening for me: that I felt the way I did, and there was NO REASON for it. I had no reason to feel sad, yet I did. No reason to feel hopeless, yet I did. No reason to feel afraid, or anxious, or suicidal, yet I did. My sister said just get over it. Not helpful. My brother said to put on a happy face. Not helpful. My mother said if I was really suicidal I would have killed myself by now. REALLY not helpful! My other sister said she didn't ever want to hear me talk "like that" again. Nobody seemed to understand. But my doctor did, and when I went to him and told him what I was feeling, he was able to help me. It took a while, honestly. We had to try different Rx before we found one that worked and didn't have unpleasant side effects. And he hooked me up with a therapist so I had someone to talk to. I've been stable now since 2000 but it took some doing. It's been worth it.

@chickengr said: you have no reason to feel like an empty shell.

Sometimes reason has nothing to do with it. Before I got dx and medicated for my bipolar, this was what was so frightening for me: that I felt the way I did, and there was NO REASON for it. I had no reason to feel sad, yet I did. No reason to feel hopeless, yet I did. No reason to feel afraid, or anxious, or suicidal, yet I did. My sister said just get over it. Not helpful. My brother said to put on a happy face. Not helpful. My mother said if I was really suicidal I would have killed myself by now. REALLY not helpful! My other sister said she didn't ever want to hear me talk "like that" again. Nobody seemed to understand. But my doctor did, and when I went to him and told him what I was feeling, he was able to help me. It took a while, honestly. We had to try different Rx before we found one that worked and didn't have unpleasant side effects. And he hooked me up with a therapist so I had someone to talk to. I've been stable now since 2000 but it took some doing. It's been worth it.
Such beautiful truth - your words are actually a great reminder as to how I can support my sister (@Lemon-Drop)
While we both struggle with Depression, Anxiety, etc, during the times when I'm feeling a little better mentally, I often forget what it was like to be feeling hopeless, and when I hear her saying things about herself, I might reprimand her, or tell her that I don't want to hear her to talk like that anymore. (And vice-versa, when I'm doing worse mentally, and she's doing a little better)
Your story about how words from others that are intended to be helpful can actually cause more harm is a great lesson for me today. I pray that the LORD will grant me wisdom and compassion, and that He will guide the words that come out of my mouth, that I might be a better support to Lemon.

I rejoice in how the LORD has worked in you, and how He has used your story to lead me in a better relationship with my sister. Thank you so much for sharing! ❤️

Such beautiful truth - your words are actually a great reminder as to how I can support my sister (@Lemon-Drop)
While we both struggle with Depression, Anxiety, etc, during the times when I'm feeling a little better mentally, I often forget what it was like to be feeling hopeless, and when I hear her saying things about herself, I might reprimand her, or tell her that I don't want to hear her to talk like that anymore. (And vice-versa, when I'm doing worse mentally, and she's doing a little better)
Your story about how words from others that are intended to be helpful can actually cause more harm is a great lesson for me today. I pray that the LORD will grant me wisdom and compassion, and that He will guide the words that come out of my mouth, that I might be a better support to Lemon.

I rejoice in how the LORD has worked in you, and how He has used your story to lead me in a better relationship with my sister. Thank you so much for sharing! ❤️
Thank you, @Starburst. That means a lot! It's not always easy to put oneself "out there," to be open about this stuff, especially when hurtful things have been said in the past. But it's important to share our stories because it can be helpful to others that are walking this path. One thing that really did help me was having a friend like you who was willing to stand beside me. We made a "pinky pact" with each other in which we each agreed we would not harm ourselves in ANY way without first getting permission from the other. So when one of us would get that far down, we would call the other, and sometimes, ya know, all we could do was just be on the phone sobbing. And the other would just be on the other end, listening. And those times, sometimes, that would be enough to get you through. Just to know, you weren't alone. Somebody cared. Somebody was there with you. And sometimes you had to be that person that would say, hang on, I'll be right there. And you go and take them to the ER, because you know your friend is in trouble and they need more help than you can give them. And that's what friends do.

Back
Top Bottom