prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Jesus Prophesy Study #41 "thirty pieces of silver"

Old Testament:

Zechariah 11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 I said to them, “If it is good in your sight, give me my wages; but if not, never mind!” So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages.

New Testament:

Matthew 26 NASB
14 Then one of the twelve, named Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15 and said, “What are you willing to give me to betray Him to you?” And they weighed out thirty pieces of silver to him.

Matthew 27 NASB
3 Then when Judas, who had betrayed Him, saw that He had been condemned, he felt remorse and returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders

Matthew 27 NASB
6 The chief priests took the pieces of silver and said, “It is not lawful to put them into the temple treasury, since it is the price of blood.” 7 And they conferred together and with the money bought the Potter’s Field as a burial place for strangers. 8 For this reason that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then that which was spoken through Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of the one whose price had been set by the sons of Israel; 10 and they gave them for the Potter’s Field, as the Lord directed me.”

Yesterday I again began thinking about the incorrect use of the word Christian, I ask what are our foundational beliefs. Here is a sentence from a Ravi Zacharias book:

"How many of you believe that God exists and that His Son, Jesus, was born of a virgin, that He died on a cross, rose again from the dead, and is the only way to God?"

If anyone wants to reply with Bible verses, please do

Ok, time for roll call!!!

Members mentioned are asked to please give a short description and/Bible verse to remember you easier and tell each other apart... For example,

Hi, I'm short grass; I am up late at night with a small baby and tend to think too much and ask ALOT of questions
wink.png

My favorite passage would be the 23rd Psalm:

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Are we ready?

@Jesusfreak101
@Outpost JWB
@lazy gardener
@kikiruru
@Flock Master64
@ocap
@PeepersMama
@EggSighted4Life
@TroyerGal
@Spartan22
@chickluvinfreak
@Chicken Girl1 post #2074
@birdwrangler057
@Little Fuzzy
@LRH97

I'm going to have to post part 2; can't seen to tag beyond a certain number per post
wink.png

Hello, I'm Chicken Girl1 and I'm the middle child out of a pretty big family. I am baptized a Roman Catholic and I have been more in love with Jesus Christ as I've grown. I love this thread because everyone has an open mind and I can share with fellow believers and learn from them as well. Things I love would consist of God, my family, swimming, books, music (especially 40s and Irish music), the bible, Mass, chickens, and any other farm animals (the list could go on but I thought I should stop
tongue.png
). One of my favorite bible verses is 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 .

Last edited:
Yesterday I again began thinking about the incorrect use of the word Christian, I ask what are our foundational beliefs. Here is a sentence from a Ravi Zacharias book:

"How many of you believe that God exists and that His Son, Jesus, was born of a virgin, that He died on a cross, rose again from the dead, and is the only way to God?"

If anyone wants to reply with Bible verses, please do

the incorrect use of the word Christian was by a guy who thought being born in the USA made you a Christian (not a BYC member).

here is the web site I use to search for Bible verses:
https://www.biblegateway.com/

Here is a web site that helps me find answers to questions about Bible and other "stuff", be careful when you venture away from the Bible.
https://www.gotquestions.org/top20.html

Someone was talking to me about a friend that had not missed a Sunday church visit in 50 years but was only going for "fire insurance", does church attendance keep a person out of the "fire"?

Does this verse apply?

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Ok, time for roll call!!!

@Spartan22

For by GRACE you had been saved, and that not by yourselves; It is the gift
1f381.png
of God.

Not of works lest anyone should boast.
Eph 2:8 & 9

Hello All! I'm Spartan, who was given a gift of life to be father of 3 and husband to a godly woman that found me in Hawaii. His grace is sufficient!!! And Jesus is my Lord & Savior.

the incorrect use of the word Christian was by a guy who thought being born in the USA made you a Christian (not a BYC member). here is the web site I use to search for Bible verses: https://www.biblegateway.com/ Here is a web site that helps me find answers to questions about Bible and other "stuff", be careful when you venture away from the Bible. https://www.gotquestions.org/top20.html Someone was talking to me about a friend that had not missed a Sunday church visit in 50 years but was only going for "fire insurance", does church attendance keep a person out of the "fire"? Does this verse apply?

[COLOR=0066CC]Matthew 7:21[/COLOR] “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Yes, and so does Matthew 15:8 These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
Dear JesusFreak101; I just found this thread (after fervent morning prayers). I've only read your starting post, not the rest of the thread, yet. GOD Bless you & your family. I will be praying for you & all those on this thread. Thank you for starting this thread. Love in Christ; Couchmo
Welcome! Glad you found us! :)

Miracles, and stuff I suppose. I'll just spit it out already lo.. When I was recovering from my attempt at um, being stupid... (I overdosed on sleeping pills thinking I could sleep my way to heaven, ahem)... When I got home, there was a white dove on my windowsill. This is in Colorado, on the plains, in the middle of the boonies.. We don't have white doves. Haven't seen one since, anyway...

Anyway, this dove sat there, on my windowsill for 3 days, which I don't know how it did that, my windowsill was only like an inch wide. And it stayed there and wouldn't leave.

I've always wondered if God can send signs or things? I also might have had an out of body experience, because I could see everything going on in the ambulance and I could see them working on me in our living room, but it was like I was looking down on it all from the ceiling.

I try not to think about it lol
tongue.png
It's weirded me out for pretty much my whole life. A random overpayment sent back to me right when I'm short on paying bills, a few times of missing a major car wreck because a kid had to potty, or stopped for a random sight, 2 times that's happened, missing a wreck by minutes... That dove, I'll never be able to explain that bird except the feeling I had when it was sitting there staring at me, like it KNEW what I was going through, it was weird...

Are those types of miracles or providence?
I call those miracles. I remember when I had my first baby. Money was tight. I knew that I could stay home to raise him... if we tightened the budget even further. That meant: using cloth diapers. That meant making a lot of them. That meant buying the rest of them "used" from a diaper service. That meant a lot of other cuts as well. Every sacrifice was worth it instead of dealing with the stress of putting him in day care and going to a job instead of being home to nurse and care for my baby. When he needed new clothes, I went to the closet to see what I could cut up to make him new clothes: Cut off a pair of hubby's jeans to make shorts for hubby, use the legs to make cute little overalls for the baby, complete with his name embroidered on the top. One day, he'd just about outgrown every single T shirt he had. I pulled one of hubby's T shirts out of the drawer, and laid it out on the table, along with my scissors, and then set up the sewing machine. I put the baby down for a nap, and because I was so exhausted, I laid down for a few minutes. A knock at the door. A barking dog... Baby is a light sleeper, so you all know what that means????!!!! I went to answer the door, and there stood a lady from church. We hadn't been attending very long, and I didn't know her very well. She explained that her son was a couple of years older than my baby, and would I like some gently used clothes??? And her mom used to work at the Health Tex mill or factory, and did I sew? Would I like some Health Tex fabric? Oh, and she stuck some patterns in the bags as well. One of those bags was crammed full of clothes to see our baby through the next year. T shirts? In abundance! HELLO???? Providence???? I think not. My God will supply all of my needs. Not some. Not a few. Not just the big ones. Not rationed out like skittles. BUT ALL OF MY NEEDS! He never promised to supply all of my wants. But I am confident that miracles do still exist.

Just an other thought: You might consider putting some of that information that you want included with your name on this thread in your BYC profile! Let folks know who you belong to! Proclaim the name of Jesus to the ends of the earth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom