prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hello fellow prayer warriors. I'd like to ask prayers for my church. We have been searching for a pastor for over a year now and we are down to a vote coming up on march 5th. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will lead the members of the church to make the right decision on this vote. As you know the pastor leads the church and the spiritual lives of all attendees depend on his leadership. Thank you to all.

Lifting up your church family. Praying that all will be subject to the leading of HS in this matter. Praying that the new pastor will answer the call soon.

Hello fellow prayer warriors. I'd like to ask prayers for my church. We have been searching for a pastor for over a year now and we are down to a vote coming up on march 5th. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will lead the members of the church to make the right decision on this vote. As you know the pastor leads the church and the spiritual lives of all attendees depend on his leadership. Thank you to all.
Such a stressful time for a congregation. Mine's been through it as well, but not for quite as long. Prayers sent!

Remember: To Obey is better than sacrifice.

Words am learning in my life myself. I'm working over 50 hours a week, raising 3 small kids and lotsa chickens lol, instead of traveling the world and proclaiming the good news.

That is a wonderful reminder! One that i need daily! 

Hard to believe that this all started with a little post that you shared! :) I've seen other prayer threads on here, but this one has seemed to really thrive! It's amazing how God can find a way to bring us together and spread His Word and help others find that true joy.

Praying for you guys to get better Rebecca, and I'm thankful that you followed the calling to start this little slice of joy to my days.
Well said LG, and thanks :) I get to start looking back at my life and going, "oh! That was a call I didn't answer and that's why I had to go through that, etc etc.." All those things that were shaping us and molding us in our past that seemed so trivial at the time. They kind of start to weave a really intricate tapestry when we stand back and look at the whole thing ;)
Me too! I know everyone here from other threads, but yeah, not like this. ;) Its a whole different relationship when we find other brothers and sisters out here in the world. And we are mutually annoying lol, remember? ;) Its a good thing :D You are helping me too!
Awesome way to put it. Now I feel like a dork for complaining about squalling baby this morning; I wasn't supposed to be able to have kids at all, and now I have 3 of my own, plus step kids! Be careful what you don't want or think you need, cause you'll probably get it ;)

It's not sacrifice if its for the Lord; he's given me so much more than I ever thought I needed that it's only right to give it back plus interest. :)

The Grand Weaver: How God Shapes Us Through the Events of Our Lives by Ravi Zacharias Paperback – July 12, 2009
https://www.amazon.com/Grand-Weaver-Shapes-Through-Zacharias/dp/B004HB9LH6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487108924&sr=8-2&keywords=grand+weaver+ravi+zacharias

Ok ok, since I inadvertently quoted the title of the book, I'll take that as a hint to read it ;)

That whole conversation about calling made me think of this song I've had stuck in my head from the radio... Excuse me if i misquote it, my 11 YO had to tell me what he was saying lol...

It's called "one call away", and it says something like, "one call away, I'll be there to save the day. Superman got nothing on me, I'm just one call away"... Something along those lines...

Too bad it's not about Jesus; its catchy and fits the theme of being called or calling on him. Funny how my brain keeps thinking that, " who is this guy that thinks he's better than Jesus? " ;)

you don't need to read it but ............. it is very interesting that you thought of the comparison just like the author.

That is kind of odd... Cool, odd :)

I guess I was just thinking of art and all the little pieces that make a puzzle complete... Ever try to do a puzzle without the pictures on the front of the box? Then when its all done its a surprise :D

But wow, maybe I should go check and see if its at the library... With excerpts like this, its got my attention already!

Samples from the book:

"God the Grand Weaver seeks those with tender hearts so that he can put his imprint on them. Your hurts and your disappointments are part of that design, to shape your heart and the way you feel about reality. The hurts you live through will always shape you. There is no other way."

"So where does one begin? With self-crucifixion. In effect, we go to our own funeral and bury the self-will so that God’s will can reign supremely in our hearts. Our will has no power to do God’s will until it first dies to its own desires and the Holy Spirit brings a fresh power within."

"Only if you are willing to pray sincerely for God’s will to be done and are willing to live the life apportioned to you will you see the breathtaking view of God that he wants you to have, through the windows he has placed in your life. You cannot always live on the mountaintop, but when you walk through the valley, the memory of the view from the mountain will sustain you and give you the strength to carry you through."

That last one was a good one! Sounds oddly intriguing :)

Thanks Spartan and SG and everyone and interesting yet true convo :)

Oh and SG, that's true haha thanks

We sang this at church on Sunday and I felt the need to share it. This is one of my all-time favorite hymns, and believe me, I have many. It is one of my favorites not only because of the lyrics and the message it gives, but also the amazing and moving story behind its conception. The hymn, "It Is Well" was written by a man named Horatio Spafford in 1873. His series of rather unfortunate events started in 1871 with the Great Chicago Fire which claimed the life of his two year old son and ruined him financially since he was heavily invested in property. In 1873 he and his family planned a trip to Europe. Horatio sent his wife and four daughters ahead while he was delayed with business. While crossing the Atlantic, the ship carrying Spafford's family struck another ship during a storm. All four of Horatio's daughters drowned. His wife survived and sent a telegram reading simply, "Saved alone. What shall I do?" Horatio boarded a ship to travel to his grieving wife. The captain of the ship called Horatio to his cabin and informed him that they were passing over the location of his children's death. It was at this point that he was inspired to write this now beloved hymn. After everything that he had been through, the grief, the anguish, the inconceivable pain that comes with losing a child fourfold, he didn't blame God. There is the age old argument of the non-believer: "If God is real, why does He let good and innocent people die?" or "Why does He let awful things happen to good people?" Well no one is good and innocent "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Rom. 3:23) Moreover, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." (Is. 55:8) He knows better than us. He knows what's best for us, even when it doesn't seem like it from our point of view. He made us, He made the world, and He certainly permits things to happen because He is in ultimate control. However, never does He hurt us. We hurt ourselves through our sinfulness, and others hurt us through that same sinfulness. And it is so easy to blame God for the misfortunes and the tragedies that happen in this world. But isn't that just typical of our sinful human nature? Never our fault, always pushing the blame off ourselves. Horatio's testament to his faith through his writing of this hymn is one to be admired. Faith is all that we have in this dark world, it's the only thing that has a future in store for us. No matter how down you are, no matter who comes or who goes, no matter what bad things may happen, we will always have one source of joy that exceeds anything and everything we can ever experience: "That Christ has regarded my helpless estate and has shed His own blood for my soul." That's all we need. With that in mind, we can truly say, "It is well with my soul." Lyrics:
When peace like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain: It is well, (it is well), With my soul, (with my soul) It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, That Christ has regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
Refrain
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
Refrain
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, Even so, it is well with my soul!
Refrain
Our church sings this song as well. One of my favorites too. Thanks for sharing the history behind it.

Lifting up your church family.  Praying that all will be subject to the leading of HS in this matter.  Praying that the new pastor will answer the call soon.

I will be praying also, decision can impact three or four generations.

Such a stressful time for a congregation. Mine's been through it as well, but not for quite as long. Prayers sent!

Thank you all so much. Yes it has been a stressful time. Our church has shrunken to about half its former size maybe more since our pastor had to move to Michigan. His father was in very bad shape medically. I know a church out there got a wonderful Godly man when he moved. It was such a sad time. Again thank you all for your prayers.

From The Inside Out

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting,
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending,
Your glory goes beyond all fame

(Chorus)
My heart and my soul,
I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Everlasting,
Never ending,

Chorus

Everlasting,
Never ending,

And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord, my soul cries out

My soul cries out, my soul cries out to You
My soul cries out, my soul cries out

0.jpg

Jesus Prophesy Study #56 "be led like a lamb to the slaughter"

Old Testament:

Isaiah 53 NASB
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.

New Testament:

John 1 NASB
29 The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
36 and he looked at Jesus as He walked, and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God!”

Acts 8 NASB
28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” 30 Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this:
“He was led as a sheep to slaughter;
And as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
So He does not open His mouth.
33 “In humiliation His judgment was taken away;
Who will relate His generation?
For His life is removed from the earth.”
34 The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.

1 Peter 1 NASB
19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

Revelation 5 NASB
6 And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth.

Back
Top Bottom