prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

@shortgrass

Ouch girl!!
hmm.png

I can tell you right now.... Life is too short to be messing around with that foolishness! You can bet it isn't a sin to go to a church that isn't teaching you to follow Satan and anyone claiming to be eating the meat might wanna cut off a smaller chunk.
wink.png

Seriously, I'm appalled at that thought. If my ailing Mother was being babtized you can bet I would spend that Sunday with her. And if my husband didn't want to go than that is his choice. But to guilt trip you about it while trying to teach you that she is a bigger sinner than he is means he is mislead. Does he really want to be resented if you don't see your MOM until her funeral? I guess if you're uncomfortable at your moms' church.... Come on let's be real God is where you worship and as a Christian a cross is a symbol of a remembrance not an idol to worship. Music alone is almost enough of a reason not to get married!! And does play an integral part in many peoples life. As well as has been a great learning a revelation tool in my life to verses I never understood before. Some peoples way of teaching might not line up with other peoples way of learning. That doesn't mean their church is dead. Are you LDS?

I say... John 8:7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Yes, I should use caution saying something against your hubby. But I speak the truth in LOVE..... and I think you know it!
love.gif

Best wishes!
fl.gif

Last edited:
You, my friend, have a dilemma. The first and foremost thing is to be very aware of the teaching of the scriptures so you can sort out the false teaching. There may very well be some false teaching in both of these churches. Who told you that it would be a sin to attend a "different" church? The person who told you this, did they mean that it's a sin to attend ANY different church, or just the one your mother attends? And why is it considered a sin. I'd ask for scripture to support such a statement. Look at the doctrine statement of both churches. Look at the scriptures, in context to see how those doctrine statements line up with the scriptures. What specifically is your mom offended by? Is she offended by false teaching, or is she offended by teaching that expects obedience to the Word of God?

Thoughts to consider: Jesus communed with sinners. Yet we are told to be separate. Psalm 1:1 1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Some how, I don't think this applies to church, as any church I ever stepped foot in had at least one sinner in attendance, that being myself!

The other consideration is your mother. Does this church teach the word of God accurately? If so, it might be helpful to her for you to attend occasionally. Then, there's the whole issue of obedience to your husband. By obeying him in this matter, are you being true to your relationship to God? Only you can answer this question. It boils down to what is being taught IMO. But your marriage and your relationship with your husband is very different than my relationship and my marriage to my husband. I suggest that you pray long and hard about this, seek guidance from a mentor, and proceed with caution. Perhaps you could come to a compromise by inviting your mom to join you in a Bible study. You can PM if you want to discuss this issue further privately. Wishing you the best, and praying for God's will and for wisdom for both you and your husband in the matter.

Beautiful advice.

[COLOR=0000FF]You, my friend, have a dilemma.  The first and foremost thing is to be very aware of the teaching of the scriptures so you can sort out the false teaching.  There may very well be some false teaching in both of these churches.  Who told you that it would be a sin to attend a "different" church?  The person who told you this, did they mean that it's a sin to attend ANY different church, or just the one your mother attends?  And why is it considered a sin.  I'd ask for scripture to support such a statement.  Look at the doctrine statement of both churches.  Look at the scriptures, in context to see how those doctrine statements line up with the scriptures.  What specifically is your mom offended by?  Is she offended by false teaching, or is she offended by teaching that expects obedience to the Word of God?  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Thoughts to consider:  Jesus communed with sinners.  Yet we are told to be separate[/COLOR].   Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  [COLOR=0000FF]Some how, I don't think this applies to church, as any church I ever stepped foot in had at least one sinner in attendance, that being myself!  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]The other consideration is your mother.  Does this church teach the word of God accurately?  If so, it might be helpful to her for you to attend occasionally.  Then, there's the whole issue of obedience to your husband.  By obeying him in this matter, are you being true to your relationship to God?  Only you can answer this question.  It boils down to what is being taught IMO.  But your marriage and your relationship with your husband is very different than my relationship and my marriage to my husband.  I suggest that you pray long and hard about this, seek guidance from a mentor, and proceed with caution.  Perhaps you could come to a compromise by inviting your mom to join you in a Bible study.   You can PM if you want to discuss this issue further privately.  Wishing you the best, and praying for God's will and for wisdom for both you and your husband in the matter.[/COLOR]

I need a mentor

Dilemma. That's the nice way to put it lol
wink.png

Yes, very dilemma causing. It's not in there because its not true
sad.png

It's a problem with interpretation and possibly false teaching, but I can't seem to find the missing dots.

These 2 churches are almost identical in belief, teachings, etc. 3 major differences stick out but they're piddly things in my opinion.

1. We use "one cup" in our Lord's supper observance. Ok I'll be honest, I'm in agreeance with mom on this one, since I found Luke's account does say that the contents if the cup were divided. And I kinda don't like to put my mouth on a cup that everyone else has. I think it's all misinterpreted on that one but i m not taking communion for the cup so it never really bothered me. DH insists the one cup is the "truth".... Ugh

2. A piano. Our church teaches that instruments in church are a no-no. No piano, only a capella. Only verse I find in that states " singing with your heart"..nothing about a piano, since they didn't even exist back then
tongue.png
another misinterpreted scripture, I'm assuming...

3. A Christmas tree. We teach against mixing Christmas with the church. No trees, since evidently they can be used as a pagan idol...ugh 3000 years ago maybe, but now?... Oh and a cross in the building. DH thinks that the cross being plastered on the building is an idol. I think it's a symbol of what kind of love God has for me, and what kind of sacrifice Jesus made for us.
Nothing in scripture about that, unless I'm worshipping a cross, which I am not.

Argh. It's silly IMO. It's the Berean church that I want to attend with mom, and its the Church of Christ that DH won't set foot out of.

I don't care if there's a tree or a cross because I'm not offended by old past time false idols, and he is. He's offended by the piano, I'm not. He's very passionate and has ALOT on his shoulders to teach us right, but I also have a duty to correct and persuade us to study further if I see any hint of false doctrine. Problem is, I listen to my heart, and its saying "no, somethings not right" but I can't put my finger on it or find anything conclusive in scripture.

It's church! Why is there so much stupid division??!!

Didn't David use musical instruments, or dance to music to the Lord? Baptist also believe Christmas tree's have no place in the church, The trees were used as pagan symbols. I haven't felt the need for a tree since I got saved. I never heard of the CUP controversy, I'll have to ask my Baptist Pastor. We use individual cups, too many germs nowadays for one cup. I really don't think Jesus would care, after all we are not drinking from his special cup that he used, when he says, This cup, it is symbolic for other cups in the future. Do you think he would expect one cup to be passed around to 3,000 people in a big church, I don't. I would attend church with your Mom, at least until she feels comfortable there and gets Baptized. Once your Mom is gone, you can never get that time back. Oh I miss my Mom so much, I wish she could have seen me get saved.

Quote:
That happened to me when God wanted me to know I needed to study about Him more and talk about Him more, the more I practiced talking about God the better I got. The first conversations I just felt bad about my lack of ability.
Always have a piece of paper in your pocket to write down the question you don't know the answer to and the person and tell them you will look it up. When you have "Truth" on your side there is always a correct answer. The brothers and sisters on this thread will help. Then you can get back to the person with the answer.

That happened to me when God wanted me to know I needed to study about Him more and talk about Him more, the more I practiced talking about God the better I got. The first conversations I just felt bad about my lack of ability.
Always have a piece of paper in your pocket to write down the question you don't know the answer to and the person and tell them you will look it up. When you have "Truth" on your side there is always a correct answer. The brothers and sisters on this thread will help. Then you can get back to the person with the answer.

Ok awesome.

I have trouble praying out loud .

Back
Top Bottom