prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I've been meaning to write this prayer request for a while, but put it off, as it's not easy to say. My best friend and her family are moving to South Carolina at the end of May. Their house here has been on the market for a few weeks, but hasn't sold yet. They need it to sell fast, so they know how much they can afford to pay on a house down there. Please pray that God would provide the right house in SC, and that He would help them sell their house here. And also please pray for the people left behind. My friend and her family are very active in our church and community, and will be greatly missed. All prayers will be appreciated!!
~Abby
Well, God answered part of my prayer! My friend and her family now have no fewer than three offers on their house, all asking price. They are currently in SC right now house-hunting. Thank you so much for all the prayers!

I’ve got what will hopefully be the last major meeting I will have to have regarding some life decisions I’m making.

There’s also some family issues going on on several different sides. One of those is my Grandmother has dementia. She’s never been officially diagnosed because she refuses to accept that she has it which would allow her to get treatment. But there’s a clear family history of it and the symptoms are obvious. Unfortunately she and my grandfather are both refusing to acknowledge any issues and we strongly suspect other health issues that they are hiding from us. She’s 78-79 and he’s in his 80s. And it looks like it’s we’re going to have to have some sort of intervention before something really bad happens and it’s going to be an ugly confrontation when it happens and it will probably have be sooner rather than later.
Sadly, there is no treatment..at all for any type of Dementia. None. I know, my husband passed away with it last year. He had Alzheimer's. There are different types of dementia under "the "umbrella". No treatment as the brain shrinks away. You just have to learn how to respond to them that works for them. And of course, don't stop giving those hugs, give a lot of love while she understands. And, take a lot of photos. God bless you and yours as you go through this horrible disease.

Sadly, there is no treatment..at all for any type of Dementia. None. I know, my husband passed away with it last year. He had Alzheimer's. There are different types of dementia under "the "umbrella". No treatment as the brain shrinks away. You just have to learn how to respond to them that works for them. And of course, don't stop giving those hugs, give a lot of love while she understands. And, take a lot of photos. God bless you and yours as you go through this horrible disease.
So sorry for your loss and thank you for your prayers.
It can’t be cured but there are treatments now that can slow the progression by years in some cases. But unfortunately they only really work well if it’s caught early and it looks we’re past that stage with my grandmother.

Well unfortunately during the meeting I had today I had some issues come up which have simultaneously sped up and complicated the situation. Right now I’ve got until Friday to really make some decisions and I’m feeling overwhelmed right now.
Gods got you in the palm of His hand. I can just imagine you have a lot to deal with! Remember that He will never give you more than you can handle. Yes there are problems, but He provides the strength and wisdom to overcome them too. Sending prayers, my friend. :hugs

I’ve got what will hopefully be the last major meeting I will have to have regarding some life decisions I’m making.

There’s also some family issues going on on several different sides. One of those is my Grandmother has dementia. She’s never been officially diagnosed because she refuses to accept that she has it which would allow her to get treatment. But there’s a clear family history of it and the symptoms are obvious. Unfortunately she and my grandfather are both refusing to acknowledge any issues and we strongly suspect other health issues that they are hiding from us. She’s 78-79 and he’s in his 80s. And it looks like it’s we’re going to have to have some sort of intervention before something really bad happens and it’s going to be an ugly confrontation when it happens and it will probably have be sooner rather than later.
I'm so sorry about your grandmother... my grandma has recently been having memory loss, getting confused, hallucinations, so we think she's getting dementia. (She thought there was a dog on the roof) etc. which has been really hard. (Sorry, don't mean to ramble on about my problems...)

I'm praying for you! :hugs

Well unfortunately during the meeting I had today I had some issues come up which have simultaneously sped up and complicated the situation. Right now I’ve got until Friday to really make some decisions and I’m feeling overwhelmed right now.
I'm sorry.

Maybe a couple of these verses will help you.
"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give." (John 14:27)

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7)

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matthew 6:34)

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Hopefully some of these will be helpful to you. Try and trust God to make the decisions for you.

Well, God answered part of my prayer! My friend and her family now have no fewer than three offers on their house, all asking price. They are currently in SC right now house-hunting. Thank you so much for all the prayers!
Praise God, and thanks for the update!

Praise God, and thanks for the update!
PS, He will surely answer the rest of your prayer as well. He is faithful. You be faithful to Him, too; give Him all the glory, and seek Him and His kingdom, and "all these things" shall be added unto you.

Praying for you and your family

Back
Top Bottom