prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

According to Matt. 6:8, God knows what we need even before we ask. And here is a wonderful promise:

Isaiah 65:24 KJV
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

But there are some conditions to having our prayers answered. God cannot answer every prayer. Consider the following:

Proverbs 15:8 KJV
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord : but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

And:

Proverbs 28:9 KJV
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

While nobody's perfect, what these texts are telling us is that God cannot answer the prayers of those in willful rebellion against him. I imagine someone in the act of robbing a bank, praying that the alarm won't go off, or that the getaway car has plenty of gas! Obviously God is not going to cooperate with prayers like that!

May God grant you the desires of your heart, is my prayer for you. ❤️

I want to add: if we pray for something that is not good for us God will not answer that prayer.

Well it looks like that bad feeling was justified. Got chased out of bed by a tornado warning about 40min ago. We’re alright but it it came close enough to hear It. Not sure just where it hit as all the neighbors seem to be fine. I’m off work tomorrow so I’ll go help with cleanup if I can. There was almost no warning before it went by maybe two minutes but probably less so if it hit us we wouldn’t have been in the shelter yet.
Glad you are okay, Arti, sounds terrifying.

I want to add: if we pray for something that is not good for us God will not answer that prayer.
He will always give us what is best for us, although it nay not be what we think we want. Think of Garth Brooks' song, "Unanswered Prayers."

Back
Top Bottom