Prayers for the Haitian people

I think it would be wonderful to send chicks like at the end of summer. If we sent them now the chicks would be eaten of die of thirst and starvation themselves.
I wonder how Ideal or another company would feel about keeping chicks hatching long after the regular season and also about sending the extra rooster chicks that are usual turned to dog food. I don't know if that kind of thing would work. Are their diseases chickens get in the US that chickens in Haiti don't get that could be a problem too.

The tectonic plate ran right under the Haiti side...

it was a shallow quake...only 5 miles beneath the surface but because of the type of construction they use... brick etc... The damage was catastrophic....they build for gale force winds ... not quakes.

also it was on the coast.... where the buildings were the strongest... Port au Prince and Grand Goave are right on the ocean...Not all of Haiti was destroyed...only their biggest city... the capital..

Also the epicenter was right in Port au Prince. A major earthquake in our cities would cause problems, and we have building codes, good materials and good infrastructure. They are saying that the poor electrical grid is actually a good thing in this situation, because there are so many generators. Most of the cell towers are working now, they run off generators, and if they are in the primary quake zone, they are undamaged.

I just intercepted a message from the leader of the group in Goave Gretchin....They are pleading for intervention... They are an island within an island... They were supposed to be picked up yesterday and apparently aircraft flew low overthem but still their injured party hasn't been picked up yet!!! OMgoodness... There are no roads into Goave because of the fissure that opened up just outside the city on the road... I am hoping the ship offshore will send a craft or something...They need supplies badly...

They are trying to evacuate Americans but need landing sites and are being cautious about security. (hungry people may overwhelm them). If an earthquake happened here today. (I live in California). People in Sacramento might not be effected. It all depends on preparation (construction, knowledge of what to do, and availability of supplies.

That reminds me my family does not have our earthquake supplies available. I also know that We are not prepared for a blizzard here either.

Hey everyone in the Mississippi valley states Did you know the river runs on a fault line? Are you prepared for an earthquake? I read that the last earthquake there was in the 1800's and it changed the course of the might Mississippi river and killed hundreds in the floods.

I will continue to pray for your loved ones and friends. Please let us know as soon as possible when they are safe.

thanks gpamela3499... I sure appreciate it...
bow.gif

Another place you can donate is http://www.SamaritansPurse.org It's an international Christian charity run by Billy Graham's son Franklin. They provide practical help for people around the world in crisis.

I pray for Haiti, for her hurting people, for exceptional wisdom in providing for her needs, fortitude for those responding with help, grace & blessings for her future.

Back
Top Bottom