Pregnant dog??

Pics
I woke up at dawn today and as I went down to the animals, I heard a noise of puppies! She had them in the nesting area that she had made yesterday! They were all muddy but still alive! I counted 7 so far. We moved the pups and Duchess to the welping box. It was in the garage which was closed. The temperature outside was room temperature. I gave them a heating lamp too.
View attachment 2704669View attachment 2704670View attachment 2704671View attachment 2704672
Congrats! They are so cute! 😍

I’m glad everything was okay! I’m also very glad you didn’t take her to the vet and have them killed before they were born! You did the right thing :hugs

And female dogs go into heat then the males go crazy... but humans and get pregnant whenever.
A woman has to ovulate to get pregnant. This can be as early as 3 weeks but usually a bit longer than that and maybe as much as 90 days.
A bitch dog has to go into heat. They normally go into heat once to twice a year. It normally will be awhile before she goes into heat again after birthing a litter and larger breeds sometimes do not go into heat even as often as 1-2 times a year. The OP has some time before she goes into heat, but really no way to know exactly how much. It sure is not going to be this week, though. lol

A woman has to ovulate to get pregnant. This can be as early as 3 weeks but usually a bit longer than that and maybe as much as 90 days.
A bitch dog has to go into heat. They normally go into heat once to twice a year. It normally will be awhile before she goes into heat again after birthing a litter and larger breeds sometimes do not go into heat even as often as 1-2 times a year. The OP has some time before she goes into heat, but really no way to know exactly how much. It sure is not going to be this week, though. lol
Well , she could go into a false heat?

Well , she could go into a false heat?
I am not sure I understand your question, but I really do not think the OP's dog is going to go into heat, false heat, or any other kind of heat any time "real soon" being she just gave birth to 8 puppies today.
But, yes, dogs can have false heat during their life.

They normally go into heat once to twice a year. It normally will be awhile before she goes into heat again after birthing a litter and larger breeds sometimes do not go into heat even as often as 1-2 times a year. The OP has some time before she goes into heat, but really no way to know exactly how much. It sure is not going to be this week, though. lol

Larger breeds don't usually go into heat as young as this female did, either. So it's probably worth watching her closely, and getting her spayed as soon as reasonably possible (check with a vet for when would be best.)

Getting the male neutered will help, but there are probably other male dogs in the neighborhood, so getting the female herself spayed is the only way to be really sure.

Back
Top Bottom