Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

I was able to get Maggie's wing wrapped last night! Super excited! I kept her with me for about 30 minutes after. It was probably 1am whenever I returned her to her flock.

The moment I placed her with her flock, she very forcefully flapped and freed her wing :th She tried to flap while I had her with me and I was thrilled to see the wrap hold. I used the even more sticky, teal colored vet wrap and followed up with paper medical tape (stronger and much more sticky than it sounds). The tape that was half on the vet wrap and half on her feathers remained and I had to carefully remove that from her feathers. Maggie won the "Battle of the Wrapped Wing" last night. I am even more determined today! Isn't this just pathetic? I am laughing at myself and seriously scratching my head in wonder at my poor skills. I mean she is a little Call and I'm a grown woman *** well I suppose that remains to be seen as I seriously need to find my woman pants :idunno
The saga continues...

I was able to get Maggie's wing wrapped last night! Super excited! I kept her with me for about 30 minutes after. It was probably 1am whenever I returned her to her flock.

The moment I placed her with her flock, she very forcefully flapped and freed her wing :th She tried to flap while I had her with me and I was thrilled to see the wrap hold. I used the even more sticky, teal colored vet wrap and followed up with paper medical tape (stronger and much more sticky than it sounds). The tape that was half on the vet wrap and half on her feathers remained and I had to carefully remove that from her feathers. Maggie won the "Battle of the Wrapped Wing" last night. I am even more determined today! Isn't this just pathetic? I am laughing at myself and seriously scratching my head in wonder at my poor skills. I mean she is a little Call and I'm a grown woman *** well I suppose that remains to be seen as I seriously need to find my woman pants :idunno
The saga continues...
I had zero problems with Roxy.

However, Lidus was a PITA. Did that twice before it stayed.

The saga continues...
🤣 I'm telling ya. Just use the damn tape!

Maggie's is such a sweetheart. She seems to actually really enjoy attention from my daughter and I. She's the first one that will sit with me as long as I'd like. She's not really *bad* but yeah, PITA fits perfectly. It's a good thing these ducks are so adorable! 🤣
🤣 I'm telling ya. Just use the damn tape!
That's my plan. Gathering supplies, precutting tape, watching video again and then getting this wing taped up 😁

Maggie's is such a sweetheart. She seems to actually really enjoy attention from my daughter and I. She's the first one that will sit with me as long as I'd like. She's not really *bad* but yeah, PITA fits perfectly. It's a good thing these ducks are so adorable! 🤣

That's my plan. Gathering supplies, precutting tape, watching video again and then getting this wing taped up 😁
:fl

I put off catching Garth to tape wings because they were really just drooping, not twisting outward. Some days they look worse than others, but I’ve kinda decided I should probably try wrapping them. Or is it probably too late?
3E35F7B6-7CE8-4E6A-B4F5-07B2050BF7CA.jpeg
EFF32DD8-A5CF-43E1-930C-4576AF3D5A36.jpeg

I put off catching Garth to tape wings because they were really just drooping, not twisting outward. Some days they look worse than others, but I’ve kinda decided I should probably try wrapping them. Or is it probably too late?
View attachment 2784311View attachment 2784312
Nah, I don't think it's too late since I was still able to fix mine when she molted. Maybe when you unwrap him it could help to clip the flights off so there would be less weight?

Nah, I don't think it's too late since I was still able to fix mine when she molted. Maybe when you unwrap him it could help to clip the flights off so there would be less weight?
Might not be a bad idea, I hadn’t thought of that. They do look much longer than normal.

Well, I guess we'll see how it goes. Of course today was a messy day so pardon her dirty feathers. After getting so upset with me messing with her wing, she didn't take long to get back to lounging around on my lap and making her catcall like squeaks. Hopefully I applied it correctly. I watched the video before and again while I was doing it in hopes of wrapping in the correct direction.
20210803_183451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom