Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

Pics
This is where I get nervous trying to give advice. It's just too hard to judge from pics when to proceed.
Sometimes I just stick a q-tip in and try to gently stretch the membrane a little to get it off the eye or bill if I can't remove it yet.
yes, every situation is unique for sure! but thought if my post could offer some ideas or tips, then i thought i would share.
:)

Attachments

• EAF3BB19-695F-4952-AA90-00FF65971221.jpeg
    EAF3BB19-695F-4952-AA90-00FF65971221.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 11
@shawluvsbirds i think he’s almost ready. I removed a lot of membrane and all the veins are absorbed. What do you think remove more shell towards the bottom?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@shawluvsbirds i think he’s almost ready. I removed a lot of membrane and all the veins are absorbed. What do you think remove more shell towards the bottom?
It doesn't look to me like it needs any more shell removed I think it can pop out that hole just fine if you go ahead and peel back the rest of that membrane.
if it is yawning and chewing still it needs more time you don't want to remove so much that it pops out too early.

Back
Top Bottom