Preparing to set call and pekin duck eggs! Hatch day should be March 4, 2021 if all goes well!

So sorry I’ve been MIA guys. I’ve just been so busy lately. The ducks are all doing well. I’m still working on getting the fair pictures up when I get a chance. I still haven’t figured out how to get them off my camera.

I’m having a bad day today. My little kitty with heart issues got out and he hasn’t came back yet. He has been missing since around 2:00pm yesterday. I’m worried sick about him. He is almost 2 years old. I’ve had him since about 3 weeks when I rescued him and bottle fed him. The vet told us to put him to sleep as a kitten because of his heart murmur but I had to give him a chance. She said he wouldn’t even be able to move and wouldn’t live past eight weeks. He proved her wrong and has done as well as a normal cat. He is extremely spunky and holds his own with the other cats. He did get out before (last June) and didn’t come back for about 2 days. I’m really hoping he shows up soon. Please if you will, keep him in your prayers. I was up all night searching for him. :fl :hmm
A61911F2-1B6C-4B87-8010-35DBF22D9B2B.jpeg
B6D46F01-A083-474D-B131-37B25D41242C.jpeg

So sorry I’ve been MIA guys. I’ve just been so busy lately. The ducks are all doing well. I’m still working on getting the fair pictures up when I get a chance. I still haven’t figured out how to get them off my camera.

I’m having a bad day today. My little kitty with heart issues got out and he hasn’t came back yet. He has been missing since around 2:00pm yesterday. I’m worried sick about him. He is almost 2 years old. I’ve had him since about 3 weeks when I rescued him and bottle fed him. The vet told us to put him to sleep as a kitten because of his heart murmur but I had to give him a chance. She said he wouldn’t even be able to move and wouldn’t live past eight weeks. He proved her wrong and has done as well as a normal cat. He is extremely spunky and holds his own with the other cats. He did get out before (last June) and didn’t come back for about 2 days. I’m really hoping he shows up soon. Please if you will, keep him in your prayers. I was up all night searching for him. :fl :hmmView attachment 2783152View attachment 2783153
Definitely sending good jingles your way for that adorable floofer's safe return!

For those of you that have had to wrap for angel wing, do you like wrapping the individual wing or going around the body? If I wrap the individual wing, does the wrapping need to be removed overnight? I am not having much success with wrapping Maggie. I tried wrapping her individual wing going by the thread here on BYC where the member (Victoria or something like that) had the post and made a video wrapping her now grown duck. I used some super self sticking vet wrap and just didn't have any luck with it. I tried wrapping around her body and she decided that she couldn't walk, even after I made sure her little legs were clear and free. I feel like I'm running out of time with her. She freaks out screaming and quacking like I'm trying to pull her wing off or something. I know that I need to just keep working past her fit, but so far, I've had no success. Also, I keep forgetting masking tape! Is there anything else I can use (if this was in the thread, I didn't read it in full, so my apologies). I should have done something before now but I kept hoping that it would resolve itself like Lylah's did. Once I tuck her wing, it stays there until she flaps and then she's unable to put it back properly. Her flockmates, Miley and Della, don't have this problem (although Miley does have the nictitating membrane issue) but they will nibble her stuck out wing whenever they get excited or are playing. Maggie screams and then they move on. I don't think her wing is injured. Yesterday I held her for over an hour and made sure her wing was tucked the entire time, but I guess it's not going to improve without further treatment.

@WVduckchick after reading about your thoughts/theory on AW, I thought I'd add that Maggie is a big girl. I thought she was a drake until she started quacking recently. Maggie was the smaller one between her and Miley at hatch, but she outgrew her. Maggie has always been very laid back and enjoys relaxing more than any other Call I've had. This also aligns with your information. I found this so incredibly interesting and unfortunately I hadn't heard of this until I went digging. Thank you for putting this information out there. It was so eye opening to read 😍

@FunnyfarmMidwest you have been dearly missed! We're still excited to see your darlings at the show, so we'll be here whenever you get the pictures uploaded. The pictures of your Call and Pekin seriously made my day! I laughed so hard and then @Conan put me over the edge with mentioning the Crested laughing. Oh. My. Gosh. I am still laughing. The look on the Pekin's sweet face is priceless too! You can almost see "SERIOUSLY!!!" all over her face 🤣 Funniest post ever! I'll be praying for your cats safe return. Sounds like he is a lucky little guy to have you, no matter what. Anytime I've had cats, they are so determined and will eventually get whatever they want. If they desire to spend time outside, they'll find a way. No matter what happens, you've given him an amazing life. So many people would have taken him to a shelter or had him put down. I imagine you've put a lot of money and effort into his well-being. I hope you can find some comfort in that 💜

@FunnyfarmMidwest you have been dearly missed! We're still excited to see your darlings at the show, so we'll be here whenever you get the pictures uploaded. The pictures of your Call and Pekin seriously made my day! I laughed so hard and then @Conan put me over the edge with mentioning the Crested laughing. Oh. My. Gosh. I am still laughing. The look on the Pekin's sweet face is priceless too! You can almost see "SERIOUSLY!!!" all over her face 🤣 Funniest post ever! I'll be praying for your cats safe return. Sounds like he is a lucky little guy to have you, no matter what. Anytime I've had cats, they are so determined and will eventually get whatever they want. If they desire to spend time outside, they'll find a way. No matter what happens, you've given him an amazing life. So many people would have taken him to a shelter or had him put down. I imagine you've put a lot of money and effort into his well-being. I hope you can find some comfort in that

Back
Top Bottom