Pressure Sores or Infection?

Blizzkona

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2020
Arizona, United States
The silkie chick I'm treating for severe wry neck has these discolored spots in some places. I thought they were from her lice infestation but now that all the lice are gone, these spots have scabbed over but not gone away. She hasn't been able to stand or walk for a little over 2 weeks. I just started a more aggressive treatment for her wry neck since she wasn't getting better, though now I'm not sure if she's just adapting or actually progressing.

Anyway, I'm worried she has another problem. She scratched the top of her nose a bit ago and it has swelled up quite a lot. She also has crusty white stuff inside her nose. I'm not sure if it's from all the water that goes up there when she drinks, or from her vitamins/medicine getting in here. She shows no signs of discomfort when I touch it and is breathing normally. She doesn't seem to be in any pain no matter where I touch, and has actually managing to stay on her feet today, still not standing though.

Will these things fix themselves or do I need to add more things to her treatment plan?

352BF985-653D-4D6E-9F35-0378C7963A83.jpeg

07BDF658-816F-4AC6-B430-5EC8390EA977.jpeg

She's wet because she just got a bath to help clean up her butt. I use dish soap.

https://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/Crookneck/Crookneck.html
This is what I'm using to treat the wry neck, minus the selenium. She also gets 1 mL of nutri-drench and 0.1 mL of Meloxicam. Everything is spread out too. In the mornings she gets half an egg with the vit B, E, and Prednisone. Before bed she gets the other half of the egg with Prednisone, nutri-drench, and Meloxicam​

The silkie chick I'm treating for severe wry neck has these discolored spots in some places. I thought they were from her lice infestation but now that all the lice are gone, these spots have scabbed over but not gone away. She hasn't been able to stand or walk for a little over 2 weeks. I just started a more aggressive treatment for her wry neck since she wasn't getting better, though now I'm not sure if she's just adapting or actually progressing.

Anyway, I'm worried she has another problem. She scratched the top of her nose a bit ago and it has swelled up quite a lot. She also has crusty white stuff inside her nose. I'm not sure if it's from all the water that goes up there when she drinks, or from her vitamins/medicine getting in here. She shows no signs of discomfort when I touch it and is breathing normally. She doesn't seem to be in any pain no matter where I touch, and has actually managing to stay on her feet today, still not standing though.

Will these things fix themselves or do I need to add more things to her treatment plan?

View attachment 2167434

View attachment 2167435

She's wet because she just got a bath to help clean up her butt. I use dish soap.

https://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/Crookneck/Crookneck.html
This is what I'm using to treat the wry neck, minus the selenium. She also gets 1 mL of nutri-drench and 0.1 mL of Meloxicam. Everything is spread out too. In the mornings she gets half an egg with the vit B, E, and Prednisone. Before bed she gets the other half of the egg with Prednisone, nutri-drench, and Meloxicam​
Have you taken her to a Vet?

Back
Top Bottom